I'm more vile than a cricket...:(

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi

Hi

I hand feed my smaller T's with live prey, they need to practice:D.

A forcep and a live cricket at the other end and the smaller one of my Versicolors has learnt this so "baad" now so s/he doesn't even bother to leave web.

My bigger Versicolor goes outside and hunt, at least.

I have even seen how the smaller one react when I open the lid; s/he moves up to the top of the web hole at the top of burrow and just wait. S/he knows the good "vibes":D

The other day s/he literally pulled the cricket out of the forcep even before I had released it:)

Then,, when s/he doesn't come up, I know: molt is on it's way.

This "guessing" has worked now 3 times out of 3 molts.

Kenny

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Hi all,
Will tarantulas and scorps take dead prey?

Peace,
Gillian
Some will, and some won't. It varies. I used to feed my scorp dead crickets for a while, and then suddenly it stopped taking them.. After that it would only eat live crickets and mice. I've heard of Ts taking dead prey, but it's not too common.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Re: hey

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Why do you do that?
I'd also like to know... It seems like a waste of time when you could just skip putting pins in it and cut it up.. Sounds kind of sidistic to me with the pins and all.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Raveness
I have sympathy for all living things
How do you stay sane? I'm actually being quite serious here, please don't think I'm being facetious. I am genuinely curious. If I went through each day preoccupied with every living thing I encountered, I'd be afraid to even step outside my door...

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

i do it to the ones that chirp loud, and get on my nerves, but usually i will just snip em up!

James

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Feeding prey to my T's doesn't really bother me. At least that way, their energy is passed on. The senseless killing of any living thing leaves me with a wierd feeling though. Like I snuffed out it's energy with no purpose. I dunno...wierd I guess...but that's just how I feel about it. :?

Atrax

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
i do it to the ones that chirp loud, and get on my nerves, but usually i will just snip em up!

James
Hmm.. I guess I can kind of see why you do that. I usually punish the chirpers by making them the first that I give to my T or pede. The cool thing about this is that after a while I'm left with a few crickets that won't chirp.. But then they get fed to my pets anyways, lol.