If you could collect all the species in one genus, which would you choose?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I think that I would choose either Poecilotheria, Psalmopoeus, or Brachypelma. SO hard to decide.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
As much as I love the big terrestrial genera, I have to go with Brachypelma for the amazing colors/patterns.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
It's my number one too! The only ones who could keep up are Tapis.
With a 78 in your name you have to have good taste!

sk063

Arachnopeon
I've gotta go with Avics. Not ready for old worlds and the arboreals really got to me!

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Avicularia and Psalmopoeus! Which I’m already doing 😅 I get obsessed with a genus and try to find them all. Or even family, I love all Aviculariinae. The problem is some species just aren’t in the hobby. Or rarely are.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Avicularia and Psalmopoeus! Which I’m already doing 😅 I get obsessed with a genus and try to find them all. Or even family, I love all Aviculariinae. The problem is some species just aren’t in the hobby. Or rarely are.
Very true. Avicularia variegata is one I really want but I almost never see them available.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
I'm not qualified to answer yet but I hope in time Poecilotheria!
I'm also in the Brachypelma camp

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Catumiri, Cyriocosmus, Harpactirella , Avicularia, Caribena.

i love my Psalmo’s but I don’t have enough room for an adult female of each species in a decent sized enclosure...

Marlana

Arachnoknight
That can have bad ends 😏.
Like what? I don’t have really any terrestrials, they don’t interest me. So my space is saved for Aviculariinae and psalmopoeus I really love. Although there are some species I just don’t want. Like y.sooretama. So I skipped that one when I saw it available. And obviously I wouldn’t go over my limit just to ‘catch them all’. But I do tend to collect a family/genus because that’s what interests me. Like I love arboreal but don’t keep old worlds...so Aviculariinae and psalmopoeus are my only options 🤣🤷‍♀️

Very true. Avicularia variegata is one I really want but I almost never see them available.
I got lucky and found a juvie last summer but I had been looking for a long time before I found her. Definitely one of my favorite Avicularia, absolutely stunning.

CC134081-7EC3-4BB6-AB6D-15B72D7F8D13.jpeg

Lobstersign

Arachnopeon
Honestly I would say Tapinauchenius. I have a T. violaceopes and I just adore him. I have severe depression and sometimes the only thing that cheers me up is watching that little spider web up his enclosure or crawl along the glass. Just seeing him brings a smile to my face.