If you could collect all the species in one genus, which would you choose?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Honestly I would say Tapinauchenius. I have a T. violaceopes and I just adore him. I have severe depression and sometimes the only thing that cheers me up is watching that little spider web up his enclosure or crawl along the glass. Just seeing him brings a smile to my face.
I know what you mean. When I'm feeling really down watching them going about their business is very serene and relaxing.

I got lucky and found a juvie last summer but I had been looking for a long time before I found her. Definitely one of my favorite Avicularia, absolutely stunning.

View attachment 377325
Jaw-droppingly beautiful.

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
I'm almost there with the Brachypelma genus. I just need a B. hamorii and I have a spider of each species. Although most are slings currently so it'll be a year or two until they start getting to a decent size/adult colouration. Really love the colouration of the genus.

I'm slowly falling in love with the Psalmopoeus genus as well. I've had a P. cambridgei and recently got a P. pulcher sling. I really enjoy watching them do their thing. The P. pulcher is the only arboreal I currently have. Once my current sling nursery has grown up some, I may get a few more Psalmopoeus slings.

Last edited:

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Cotztetlana or monocentropus, the former assuming you're counting undescribed species :)

Although I'd rather have entire genuses of amblypygi, solpugids, vinegaroons or true spiders due to their diversity

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Cotztetlana or monocentropus, the former assuming you're counting undescribed species :)

Although I'd rather have entire genuses of amblypygi, solpugids, vinegaroons or true spiders due to their diversity
Interesting. I've just started getting into scorpions and amblypygids too, and there's a lot to learn. Very interesting creatures.

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Good choice. I love the beautiful coloration that some of them display, especially Phormictopus sp. dominican purple!
My favourite spider was sold to me as a Phormictopus sp purple, no clue what kind though. She's probably a cancerides but I love her for her personality. If it bleeds, I can eat it.:lol:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
The genus I wanted to complete is already completed (Theraphosa genus). So that's about it honestly for a genus completion for me. I feel like to complete a genus means enjoying every species within the genus itself. So in my terms, the only genus would be the Theraphosa genus, as I appreciate all three species within the genus.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Ceratogyrus or Harpactira for me.
There are definitely some interesting species from Ceratogyrus that are out there. I remember that someone once posted a photo of a Ceratogyrus dolichocephalus (I think that was it), and it was a really neat looking tarantula. Not sure if they're in the hobby though.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Caribena. Which is two species at the moment, so I can live that dream at some point.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachypelma definitely. I'm missing 6 out of 8. I'm making it a personal goal of mine to have a female of each. So I'm missing albiceps, auratum, baumgarteni, emilia, klaasi and smithi. One of these days... It's certainly doable. Just got to be at the right place at the right time. They have fantastic qualities. Beautiful, hardy, visible and long-lived with females. What more would I want ? ;)

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Brachypelma definitely. I'm missing 6 out of 8. I'm making it a personal goal of mine to have a female of each. So I'm missing albiceps, auratum, baumgarteni, emilia, klaasi and smithi. One of these days... It's certainly doable. Just got to be at the right place at the right time. They have fantastic qualities. Beautiful, hardy, visible and long-lived with females. What more would I want ? ;)
I have a B. auratum and a B. hamorii, which I love, but they grow very slowly, especially the B. auratum! Mine was .5 inch when I got him, and now over a year later, is a whopping 0.75in. Great spiders, but they do take their time.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Aphonopelma.....just to be awkward 😂

Seriously though, it was Brachys. Thanks to the revision I now have them, except baumgarteni, which to be honest, I'm not really planning on getting.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
I dont have much space at the moment so i'll go with Chromatopelma