Identification help, Asian buthid

FrogEyes

Arachnopeon
I ordered a few scorpions recently, which were listed with a common name but no scientific name. I made an educated guess as to what they would be.

The invoice, however, had a slight change to the common name and included a completely different scientific name from what I was expecting. With a phone call, I was assured that the name on the invoice was wrong [but a more accurate name was not provided].

Now, I know what I THINK I have, and I know what the shipping name was, but I don't want to color anyone else's IDs with that information. At the moment, I will only say the reasonably certain part - these are Asian buthids:

What do YOU think they are [if memory serves the photos are all the same animal]?

Goon_CH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello

mmhhh, to me it looks like Hottentotta sp or Mesobuthus sp

Visually it looks almost like a Hottentotta trilineatus. However, is this not in Asia but in Africa

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I'm surprised nobody has suggested something like Mesobuthus eupeus or something along those lines since they can be found in Asia.

I'm assuming these came in in an import? If so, what was the country of origin? That will be a big help.

Cheers,
Dave

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
good call dave i didnt even think about that haha wow im rusty haha

but i think it looks like a h.t. or h.poly.

FrogEyes

Arachnopeon
Sold as Chinese yellow scorpion
Invoiced as yellow scorpion, Androctonus amoreauxi [misspelt].

My guess was Mesobuthus confucius [martensii]

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
My guess was Mesobuthus confucius [martensii]
That is a good guess based on what you will get from scorpion farms in China and certainly what is commonly coming in on imports. That being said, my estimation is that this is not the scorpion in your picture.

Cheers,
Dave