I think I am falling for a snake........

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But why did I have to fall for one that is so damn expensive? :?
This lady was at the show yesterday. She is only a few weeks old. And lucky me the owner contacted me to let me know she had not sold in the show. Now I am very tempted. :wall:

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But why did I have to fall for one that is so damn expensive? :?
This lady was at the show yesterday. She is only a few weeks old. And lucky me the owner contacted me to let me know she had not sold in the show. Now I am very tempted. :wall:
Ahh!!! its a pied!!! get it!!!

I dont think i can afford anything outside of the normal range of balls (ugh lmaooo) so I have a normal ball but I also have a recently aquired Brazilian raibow boa pictures below! Get it ryan!!!

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
as long as you know about BP's and they could go off feed for months at a time so you won't be panicking and all. Read up on them if it's your first. Here are pic's of my kiddos:
Miranda:

Abbi:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So here is a question. That gene is recessive right? So the only way to get that color to come out in offspring would be to breed her to another piebald male. Correct?

I HIGHLY doubt Id ever breed her, I am more curious then anything else.

Ahh!!! its a pied!!! get it!!!
I dont think i can afford anything outside of the normal range of balls (ugh lmaooo) so I have a normal ball but I also have a recently aquired Brazilian raibow boa pictures below! Get it ryan!!!
What is an expected price for a lady pied? I don't want to get taken to the cleaners for not knowing any better.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here was the other female in need of a shed. Does that pinkish color stay in the adults?

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the white takes on a pinkish hue when they are nearing a shed. After they shed they will turn back to white. Call me ill get you one cheaper!;)

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
from what I understand about ball python breeding, you could breed her to a normal, and get normal het for pieds. Then you could breed a son back to her, which should give you pieds and normal het for pieds. So you'd be looking at a fairly lengthy process, but still cheaper than buying two pieds.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the piebald balls are so pretty, i wanted to get one till i saw the price :eek:

if you could breed it once or twice i'd imagine it would pay for itself though ;) i wouldn't break the bank for it, i'm sure there will be more to buy in the future.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow looks like I might have a deal on my hands. She wants 2 even for the female........... they are listed at 2 and a 1/2 on that linked site.
Good grief I can't believe I am thinking about this.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Somehow I don't like piebalds... dunno why... And yeah, their price is unattractive too. I like normals better. I'm a sucker for any spider though. :p

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I gotta tell ya, pieds are my all time favorite!! It was on my list before I changed completely over to geckos. Good luck with your new purchase!!

GK

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if i could i would!!! down in southern cali they are really expensive and now here in idaho, they are almost nonexistent..so i'd have to pay grip to get one out here...

Tarantula_man94

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thats a gorgeous snake, but i think there are better snakes 2 pick from like the rainbow boa or the red tailed boa above.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I saw rainbows in person and for some reason I was not thrilled.

I still think my gf would neuter me if I got it.

kingfarvito

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not a fan of BPs and I mean lets be honest here a fancy colored ball python is just that a ball python