I have nymphs..

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Thank you, where would be best to put some ventilation holes, and how many roughly should I put in?
I was told no holes checking on them everyday and removing the lid when you do should be enough with this setup but I have never bred t's it's my SO's job @The Spider House this is your department can you help please babes?

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
I really can't thank you all enough for your kindness and brilliant advice, I will definitely keep you updated on how the little spoods get on. Thank you all again this community has proven itself to really be something special :)

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
I really can't thank you all enough for your kindness and brilliant advice, I will definitely keep you updated on how the little spoods get on. Thank you all again this community has proven itself to really be something special :)
Hi there, welcome to this great forum. Shame you have had to start with what is probably one of the worst possible things a fellow so called Tarantula enthusiast could have done!

That said, I have read all the earlier suggestions and I am really glad to see the nice little incubator set up you have created and that they are all back together in there.

The set up looks fine to me.

As others have said, do not worry too much about temperature and I would say mid 20s would be ideal and be just that little bit toastier to help your little beauties on their way.

That tissue at the top of your drinks tub will allow for air to circulate and so that should keep humidity about right.

If not already mentioned. Do not offer any food at all. They are still absorbing the yolk and will not, and can not, eat or hunt. So they are safe all together in one place at this stage and there is nothing more you need to do.

When they are ready to moult into the next phase you will see the abdomen and the bodies darken. When you get to this stage, or before if you have any other questions, just update on this chat. We will all be happy to help 😊

You have given them the best chance....unlike the person who sent them! 😡

Attached are some pics/video of my Pamphobeteus mascara slings. The final pic is the stage where they become "proper" spiders capable of being independent, but even then, they still need to be able to eat (I usually ensure at least 2 feeds witnessed) before I even consider rehoming any of my babies.

I include them so you can see the development. Time line for these was about 2 months so don't expect too many overnight changes. Patience is the key

View attachment 20240201_150223.mp4
20240224_110454.jpg 20240317_141602.jpg 20240511_130543.jpg

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Hi there, welcome to this great forum. Shame you have had to start with what is probably one of the worst possible things a fellow so called Tarantula enthusiast could have done!

That said, I have read all the earlier suggestions and I am really glad to see the nice little incubator set up you have created and that they are all back together in there.

The set up looks fine to me.

As others have said, do not worry too much about temperature and I would say mid 20s would be ideal and be just that little bit toastier to help your little beauties on their way.

That tissue at the top of your drinks tub will allow for air to circulate and so that should keep humidity about right.

If not already mentioned. Do not offer any food at all. They are still absorbing the yolk and will not, and can not, eat or hunt. So they are safe all together in one place at this stage and there is nothing more you need to do.

When they are ready to moult into the next phase you will see the abdomen and the bodies darken. When you get to this stage, or before if you have any other questions, just update on this chat. We will all be happy to help 😊

You have given them the best chance....unlike the person who sent them! 😡

Attached are some pics/video of my Pamphobeteus mascara slings. The final pic is the stage where they become "proper" spiders capable of being independent, but even then, they still need to be able to eat (I usually ensure at least 2 feeds witnessed) before I even consider rehoming any of my babies.

I include them so you can see the development. Time line for these was about 2 months so don't expect too many overnight changes. Patience is the key

View attachment 473478
View attachment 473479 View attachment 473480 View attachment 473481
Brilliant, thank you so much.. I will defining keep you updated. I will check them regularly to make sure they are doing OK. Thank you for the pics for comparison this will help me a lot along the way.. I've had them around 2 weeks already but they were in individual pots with substrate and tissue paper, which is how I was given them, but they are all together now in the nursery pot and seem to be doing OK so far. I've been interesting in spiders all my life and have been trying to convince my partner for the best part of a decade, she finally gave in and I've ended up in this predicament, but I will do whatever I can to get these guys to adulthood. Thank you guys

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Brilliant, thank you so much.. I will defining keep you updated. I will check them regularly to make sure they are doing OK. Thank you for the pics for comparison this will help me a lot along the way.. I've had them around 2 weeks already but they were in individual pots with substrate and tissue paper, which is how I was given them, but they are all together now in the nursery pot and seem to be doing OK so far. I've been interesting in spiders all my life and have been trying to convince my partner for the best part of a decade, she finally gave in and I've ended up in this predicament, but I will do whatever I can to get these guys to adulthood. Thank you guys
You will both hopefully look back on this experience with fondness and sense of real achievement. I suspect she will be converted and come to love them and befoe you know it, you will have loads. Ha ha

Tiltocatl albopilosus are hardy little spoods so you have every chance of seeing them grow up.

Next milestone to look out for is when they darken as they will likely clump together again. The close proximity helps them to basically rub off each other so helps them to moult. Usually all within 24 to 48 hours.

Go little curlies, I am rooting for you 😊

cold blood

Staff member
Thank you, where would be best to put some ventilation holes, and how many roughly should I put in?
Its not about specifics....but there should be a few or it will get musty in there without any venting.....just 4 or 5 holes on the top or even sides is fine.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
You will both hopefully look back on this experience with fondness and sense of real achievement. I suspect she will be converted and come to love them and befoe you know it, you will have loads. Ha ha

Tiltocatl albopilosus are hardy little spoods so you have every chance of seeing them grow up.

Next milestone to look out for is when they darken as they will likely clump together again. The close proximity helps them to basically rub off each other so helps them to moult. Usually all within 24 to 48 hours.

Go little curlies, I am rooting for you 😊
Agree fully!

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, so far so good with the little ewl, just a quick question, do I change the water in the bottom of the cup and if so how often? Thank you :)

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Brilliant thank you so much, just want to make sure I do everything right :)
Your doing great ! You've done everything right so far , you have housed them correctly, your following the advice given from the breeders you couldn't do any more then you are 😊 they will be little floofers before you know it 😉

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Hey guys just wanted to give a quick update on the little ewls.. All seems to be going well all 10 are accounted for and have started to group together now but are showing no signs of colour change yet, I am checking them everyday. I have also just ordered some 3cm slings they are arriving tomorrow, I am so excited :)

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Hey guys just wanted to give a quick update on the little ewls.. All seems to be going well all 10 are accounted for and have started to group together now but are showing no signs of colour change yet, I am checking them everyday. I have also just ordered some 3cm slings they are arriving tomorrow, I am so excited :)
That's great to hear won't be long n they will start to darken, and ooo new friends congratulations 😊 I look forward to seeing them.

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
That's great to hear won't be long n they will start to darken, and ooo new friends congratulations 😊 I look forward to seeing them.
I will upload some pics tomorrow evening time, really can't wait :) have ordered a Tlitocatl vagans, a Lasiocyano sazmaii, a Lasiodora parahybana and a Brachypelma boehmei, I have sling enclosures that I previously got for the ewls thinking they would be bigger so I will use those for the time being. So glad to finally have my foot on the ladder :) Thank you all so much

LilithArachne

Arachnopeon
Oh that is great to hear!!! Good job taking care of the little babies :happy: I give you so much credit I couldn't do what you do

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Oh that is great to hear!!! Good job taking care of the little babies :happy: I give you so much credit I couldn't do what you do
Honestly wouldn't of been able to do it without the advice from the people on this board, you have all been so understanding and willing to help, I'm really proud to be getting involved with something I'm passionate about and something other people are so openly passionate about, I really think I'm going to feel greatly rewarded from this. Thank you all :)

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I received my slings on Friday, they are all in their enclosures. I will snap some pics later if I can, been feeling a little under the weather, will post on this thread when I have some pics.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Hey guys, I received my slings on Friday, they are all in their enclosures. I will snap some pics later if I can, been feeling a little under the weather, will post on this thread when I have some pics.
And these will look like proper slings too 😊
Look forward to seeing them