I have nymphs..

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, new slings are doing great, very shy and reclusive at the moment but I've got a couple pics I'll attach and I'll also attach a pic of the EWLs progress.. Thank you all for your help :) ad4dd4f2-b491-4f62-bdb4-0fb23892d505.jpeg 20240530_010631.jpg 20240601_095306.jpg 20240603_213214.jpg

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Hey guys, new slings are doing great, very shy and reclusive at the moment but I've got a couple pics I'll attach and I'll also attach a pic of the EWLs progress.. Thank you all for your help :) View attachment 474769 View attachment 474770 View attachment 474771 View attachment 474773
RE: the nymphs, that dark patch is a really good sign and the "milestone" moment I mentioned at the start of your thread.

You are soon going to have what you should have received at the beginning. Proper slings!

When they have moulted, they can still live together for a about 4 or 5 days before separating. After that wait another couple of days and then offer their first feed.

This is really good news. You are doing great 😊

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
RE: the nymphs, that dark patch is a really good sign and the "milestone" moment I mentioned at the start of your thread.

You are soon going to have what you should have received at the beginning. Proper slings!

When they have moulted, they can still live together for a about 4 or 5 days before separating. After that wait another couple of days and then offer their first feed.

This is really good news. You are doing great 😊
Brilliant thanks for the heads up, that was actually going to be my next question haha.. All but one has started going darker now and I'm sure the last one will follow suit soon enough, really looking forward to it, such a fascinating process to observe

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Quick update guys, woke up this morning and 2 out of the 10 EWLs have molted the others all look close behind, wouldn't of been able to do this without your guys advice and support from a specific individual in the community.. I can't thank you all enough :)

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Hey guys thought I'd give you an update on the baby spoods, all 10 have successfully molted and are in individual tubs, thank you all for your help :) 20240613_195405.jpg 20240613_195402.jpg

Denn

Dipluridae Enthusiast
Old Timer
Hey guys thought I'd give you an update on the baby spoods, all 10 have successfully molted and are in individual tubs, thank you all for your help :)
Honestly, this entire thread has made my day. Considering you were put in one of the worst possible positions as a new T owner, I commend the effort you have put in to make sure these spoods get the best chance possible. The fact they seem to be doing so well is a testament to the quality of the care you have given based on the advise given here. I think you will do just fine with spiders.

All the species that you have recently received are also great T's to get yourself into the hobby. I also like the fact you have a nice variation in growth rates amongst those species. You will become marvelled from how quickly your LP (Lasiodora parahybana) puts on size especially compared to the Brachypelma.

Good luck with your spiders!

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Honestly, this entire thread has made my day. Considering you were put in one of the worst possible positions as a new T owner, I commend the effort you have put in to make sure these spoods get the best chance possible. The fact they seem to be doing so well is a testament to the quality of the care you have given based on the advise given here. I think you will do just fine with spiders.

All the species that you have recently received are also great T's to get yourself into the hobby. I also like the fact you have a nice variation in growth rates amongst those species. You will become marvelled from how quickly your LP (Lasiodora parahybana) puts on size especially compared to the Brachypelma.

Good luck with your spiders!
Thank you so much, it was definitely a situation I wasn't really prepared for but you guys on here guided me through it and all 10 have molted and are doing great, going to offer some food in a couple of days fingers crossed they'll take it and all will be good :)

I'm fascinated by all types of spiders, and decided on those 4 due to the difference in size and recorded behaviours, I know each T is an individual and behaviour can vary from molt to molt but that's another thing that fascinates me, they are not the creepy crawlies people make them out to be, they are intricate, delicate and super interesting, I thank you all again for helping me and being so welcoming, getting involved in the hobby really is a dream come true, and I am keen to learn as much as I can about my new friends 😃

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
My eyes are bad so I can't really see them but I bet they got bigger!!!
They have certainly gotten bigger, I'll take some better pics later and post them once I've put the baby to bed.. Thank you for all the nice and encouraging comments, really wouldn't of been able to do it without the guidance and support of the amazing people in this community 😊

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah, there's never going to be a moment in your life from now moving forward where you wont own a tarantula. Congratulations on the new addiction :).

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
What an experience and such privilege. I hope to experience this aswell one day. Even to know someone who could pass along nymphs would be amazing. So happy for you and thanks for sharing this adventure!