I have nymphs..

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
I was given some nymphs around 2 weeks ago under the assumption they would be a bit larger, I am a new keeper and would really like to give these guys the best chance of survival but I am not sure of the best way to house them. At the moment they are housed in the pots that they were given to me in, which has a little substrate in the bottom and a moist bit of paper towel in there, I have also placed them inside a glass tank with a regulated heat mat to try and emulate an incubator set up which I was advised to do by a friend, I was also advised not to feed them until after they have molted but am not sure when that will be or what signs of pre molt to look out for in such small slings.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
oh wow thats really unfortunate, who ever gave these to you did not do yourself or these spiders any good at all. Heads up your chances at these surviving are not high. Id stay away from aquiring any animals from who ever gave you these.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Could op not make a small nursery pot for them? It's what I would try.
2 deli same size, one with water, stocking over the top not touching the water held in by the other pot with the bottom cut off, ewl in together, lid on .

It's sad the person that got the sac didn't look after them properly they shouldn't of been given to you till they were full slings, poor ewl . Makes me wonder why the person with a sac bothered to breed the t's if they can't even be bothered to look after the ewl properly, makes me cross.

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Thank you all so much for your replies. I was pretty sure they wasn't supposed to be with me yet once I got them home but the guy is refusing to take them back, I just feel so bad for them and would like to do anything I can to try help them get through this vulnerable stage. I did my researchers before getting them and as soon as I see them once they were dropped off to me I knew it wasn't right.

Do you guys think a incubation set up would be best? Not sure on how I would go about setting one up but I'm a more than willing to try make something work, quite limited on funds until middle of next week but I'm sure I can aquire something suitable, currently I have 10 of these little guys, all in separate pots with substrate and moist tissue paper, this is how I was given them but I am not sure if this is the best way to have the set up to try my best to ensure their survival. Thank you all so much again, really appreciate all your help.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
This is the first time I have heard of someone giving someone else nymphs...I honestly thought the title was someone not knowing the proper term for a sling. I hope the little ones pull though

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Do you guys think a incubation set up would be best? Not sure on how I would go about setting one up but I'm a more than willing to try make something work, quite limited on funds until middle of next week but I'm sure I can aquire something suitable, currently I have 10 of these little guys, all in separate pots with substrate and moist tissue paper, this is how I was given them but I am not sure if this is the best way to have the set up to try my best to ensure their survival. Thank you all so much again, really appreciate all your help.
2 deli pots big ones cut half off one and put water in the other about 2 inches in the bottom, put stockings/tights/some sort of breathable material over the pot with water then use the top of the cut pot to hold the material in place. Make sure the material doesn't touch the water.
Put all the ewl into the top on the material and shut the lid . Keep them like this till they moult and are actual slings . At this point then separate. Its their best chance.

I have included Daves vid just so you can see what I mean by a pot in a pot with water. He shows the setup at the beginning of the vid. Although I don't believe in tiny pots like he does the main point is the nursery setup.

I hope this helps it's a cheap setup and the best chance you can give ewl. My SO uses the same set up but in square tubs and uses stretch bandage instead of stockings.

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
2 deli pots big ones cut half off one and put water in the other about 2 inches in the bottom, put stockings/tights/some sort of breathable material over the pot with water then use the top of the cut pot to hold the material in place. Make sure the material doesn't touch the water.
Put all the ewl into the top on the material and shut the lid . Keep them like this till they moult and are actual slings . At this point then separate. Its their best chance.

I have included Daves vid just so you can see what I mean by a pot in a pot with water. He shows the setup at the beginning of the vid. Although I don't believe in tiny pots like he does the main point is the nursery setup.

I hope this helps it's a cheap setup and the best chance you can give ewl. My SO uses the same set up but in square tubs and uses stretch bandage instead of stockings.
Thank you so much I will get on to setting this up later on today and hope for the best. I will keep you guys updated. Thank you again, been Desperate to get into the hobby for over a decade, it's took me this long to convince my partner and now I've finally made the first step I've been thrown into a bit of an awkward situation, but I will do my absolute best to get these little guys to full slings and further.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Thank you so much I will get on to setting this up later on today and hope for the best. I will keep you guys updated. Thank you again, been Desperate to get into the hobby for over a decade, it's took me this long to convince my partner and now I've finally made the first step I've been thrown into a bit of an awkward situation, but I will do my absolute best to get these little guys to full slings and further.
Your very welcome, it's not fair what the seller has done to those ewl or you so any help I can give I will 😊 before you know it those ewl with be little floofy slings that eat you out of house and home 😆
You have the knowledge now and a support network (ab) to help when you have questions so I have full confidence 😊.
I look forward to your updates and don't worry I am sure your partner will fall in love with them soon you can't not once you live with them they are to interesting and cute not to 😉.

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Just a quick question, how big should the deli cups be and do any of you guys know where a good place to pick some up would be? I'm based in south east England. Thank you again for all your help and support, really feel as if I've found a place of like minded people who are happy to share their experiences and help, thank you all so much!!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Just a quick question, how big should the deli cups be and do any of you guys know where a good place to pick some up would be? I'm based in south east England. Thank you again for all your help and support, really feel as if I've found a place of like minded people who are happy to share their experiences and help, thank you all so much!!
Oh your a uk like me haha Newcastle here 😆
Amazon asda ect for the pots and you want the big pots preferably a 36 oz but seen as you only have 10 could probably get away with a little smaller like 26oz 😊 You may even be able to get them in a cheap shop like home bargains if you have one near you it doesn't have to be clear or anything just big enough with a lid.

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
I managed to get 2 large slushy cups from my local newsagents and a lid, and pinched a pair of tights off my daughter and set it up best as I can for now, I am going to order some larger deli cups when I get paid tomorrow but hopefully this will do them for now. Thank you again :)

Attachments

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I managed to get 2 large slushy cups from my local newsagents and a lid, and pinched a pair of tights off my daughter and set it up best as I can for now, I am going to order some larger deli cups when I get paid tomorrow but hopefully this will do them for now. Thank you again :)
That's great! You've done the best you can for those baby's the rest is upto them now , I have everything crossed for yous 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 (1 for each of them)

cold blood

Staff member
Good job...youre gonna want a little ventilation in there or you will promote too much mold growth.

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Good job...youre gonna want a little ventilation in there or you will promote too much mold growth.
Thank you, where would be best to put some ventilation holes, and how many roughly should I put in?

That's great! You've done the best you can for those baby's the rest is upto them now , I have everything crossed for yous 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 (1 for each of them)
Thank you so much, really hope they do well. You guys have been amazing, thank you again.