I Don't Think It Was Fair. What Do You Think?

PrettyInInk87

Arachnopeon
A few weeks ago I posted about a trade, got a few responses and decided to go with one person. I had doubts in my mind about it but went ahead and did the trade. I traded my 4 inch. female B. auratum for a 1 and a halfish unsexed G. pulchra, a small arboreal set up, and 50 dollars cash. Initially I though I had 2 female B. auratum but with fellow members help, she was identified as B. smithi. It was too late to back out since the person coming to do the trade was on his way. I CLEARLY explained that my girl had had a tough molt but she was healthy, active, and eating. He decided to take the chance and we did the trade... I posted a comment on one of my threads about how I wasn't happy with the trade and made a small comment not mentioning names of any sort. The person PMed me and offered to do a "trade back", I replied with an apology mentioning how I didn't mean to be "talking smack" and felt very badly. About an hour later I worked something out since he is about an hour away from me and his response was "Your 2 PM's late". He has made arrangements with someone else to take her. So, why all of a sudden is he selling her off now? I really want her back and let him know shorty after. I think it was an "<edit>" sort of move. Yes she had a bad molt but again I cannot emphasize enough that she was healthy.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you! I have messages and pictures to prove this.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Pictures

and a month later

Last edited by a moderator:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds like 2 individuals made a deal, but after the deal he/she wasn't happy for 1 reason or another. Sounds like the person doesn't want his/her Ts back because he traded them in the first place because he/she wanted something new. Maybe he is getting a better deal from someone else rather then just getting his Ts back.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Honestly dude, once the spider is out of your hands, and belongs to somebody else.....they can do whatever they want with it. It sucks sometimes but not much you can do about it.

PrettyInInk87

Arachnopeon
Honestly dude, once the spider is out of your hands, and belongs to somebody else.....they can do whatever they want with it. It sucks sometimes but not much you can do about it.
True and I thought the same. I knew that once she was out of my sight and reach, there was nothing I could do BUT he offered to trade back. He told me that if I was willing to go all the way to him and take his stuff that I could have her back, just don't think it is fair. THAT is the problem I have... If he wouldn't have offered I would have been cool with it, thrown my hands up, and backed off. :embarrassed:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It really sucks, but like i said he might have a better trade then just getting his Ts back

PrettyInInk87

Arachnopeon
Also, just to add. He obviousely had plans for my little girl or he wouldn't have done the trade. He has had her for about a month and only after this happened he turned around and sold her and I think it was an "<edit>" move knowing how I had taken his offer. He knows that I don't drive and am not very well off financially so maybe thought that I wouldn't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We never know why people do the things they do, have you tried messaging him asking why he didnt want to do the trade back:confused:

PrettyInInk87

Arachnopeon
It really sucks, but like i said he might have a better trade then just getting his Ts back
That's not my point though, yes of course he might have had a better trade but why be a jerk about it after making an offer. Yes it was my fault and my screw up and I get it, no doubt.

Him telling me how he is not a "snake" and is a "man of his word". Just shady and wrong...:wall:

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Yes I did. I would LOVE to post the messages on here but don't know if it's against the rules. As soon as someone gives me the go, i'll post the messages and of course without mentioning any names. He has lots of great reviews but honestly, he kept pushing for a review. Wouldn't someone not care about it and just say "if they want to leave a review, fine, if not that's fine too."?

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He could have had full intentions of doing the trade back but then got an offer that he couldnt pass up, and changed his mind you know. It doesnt mean he was being a jerk, just a business man. But then again it is pretty jerk thing to do knowing that you care about your T and would rather have it back.

PrettyInInk87

Arachnopeon
Honestly, I don't think that is what was going on. I just think he wanted to hurry up and do the sale and get more out of her. I didn't see her as a money making machine but as a pet. It was my stupid mistake that lead me to losing her... I asked him to look at my other T and "confirm" if she was indeed a B. auratum and he told me that she was. As much experience as he has, I went ahead and believed it since i'm new. I lost her and there is nothing I can do now. Just bothers me how much he threw in my face after he screwed me over making me feel like an idiot. I even sent him an apology PM.:evil:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sorry for your lose. Keep your head up, think long and hard before you make a trade. Know something can go wrong and you can be unhappy with the trade before you commit to the deal.

PrettyInInk87

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry for your lose. Keep your head up, think long and hard before you make a trade. Know something can go wrong and you can be unhappy with the trade before you commit to the deal.
Yes, thank you. Will definitely do that in the future. I guess my rant is over and done with. He can keep calling himself a "man of his word" when clearly he isn't. Snake is what he said he wasn't but IS what he is in this case.{D

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
....mentioning how I didn't mean to be "talking smack" and felt very badly. About an hour later I worked something out since he is about an hour away from me and his response was "Your 2 PM's late". He has made arrangements with someone else to take her. So, why all of a sudden is he selling her off now?
Well, it sounds like someone made a deal with him "2 PM's" before you. If he had already made a deal with someone before you made your offer, then you really don't have anything to complain about. He kept his word with the first person to make an offer. It wasn't you.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I traded my 4 inch. female B. auratum for a 1 and a halfish unsexed G. pulchra, a small arboreal set up, and 50 dollars cash.
I didn't see her as a money making machine but as a pet.
So you initially traded her for another tarantula, a house, and money and you didn't see her as a money making machine? Why not just trade her for the other tarantula. Pet for pet?

I'm reminded of a fortune cookie that I got once that said: When you point your finger at someone else, there are four fingers pointing back at yourself.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You sold her to him... She belonged to him and is his to do whatever he wants with.. be it retrading/selling or cooking her up stir-fry style. Once the understanding that you are passing her ownership to him is understood by both parties, he can do anything he wants with her.

I also don't think the T is suffering from abandonment by being bounced home to home, I would actually understand had this been a dog or cat who grows attached to an owner that you had ADOPTED out under a contract stating her couldn't rehome without contacting you... but this was a tarantula that you sold and traded to him.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well if it makes you feel any better? The tarantula probably isn't going to know the difference. His home is his home, no matter where he lives.

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
When he offered to trade back, what did you tell him? Did you answer him back right away?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Everyone who says it's done and move on is about on the same page I'm on.

On another note, the way that abdomen looks on her, she'll be lucky to survive her next molt. Probably best that you don't have her any more.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm reminded of a fortune cookie that I got once that said: When you point your finger at someone else, there are four fingers pointing back at yourself.
I like this concept - except for the math involved. Try pointing at something and count the number of fingers that point back at you. If you can get more than three, you've got to be double jointed. :D

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like this concept - except for the math involved. Try pointing at something and count the number of fingers that point back at you. If you can get more than three, you've got to be double jointed. :D
thats funny......
i also tried it as i read his post and was like""hmmm there are only 3 pointing at me"" {D
then i was gonna post something about it. but you beat me to it:D

moose