I call it “Versi Land”

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Enclosure 1 of 2 done.... ran out of coco fiber. Pretty happy with it. First time using an AMAC upside down. Def makes some sense for these guys but feeding will be interesting.
67940EBE-4793-436E-A897-7DAEA7EA9818.jpeg 582C27BE-5212-4E63-98FE-DEB979FD3B18.jpeg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Looks good! After a few times feeding with bottom opening a long time ago I immediately rehoused and made them top opening again but with flush lids not the big lids. Maybe you wont mind it but IMO dropping in feeders works much better for me.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Looks good! After a few times feeding with bottom opening a long time ago I immediately rehoused and made them top opening again but with flush lids not the big lids. Maybe you wont mind it but IMO dropping in feeders works much better for me.
Agreed, I don’t like bottom opening for arboreal species. I prefer the top opening.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah i couldnt stand it, never again!
I had to turn the enclosure upside down to get the feeder to sit on the webbing and it was just not easy feeding pre killed prey.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I had to turn the enclosure upside down to get the feeder to sit on the webbing and it was just not easy feeding pre killed prey.
Yup had the exact same problem!! top opening with these arboreals you destroy webbing but its soooo much easier to feed. Like you said trying to feed pre killed or a worm is near impossible reversed cause you cant get it directly and accurately onto the part of webbing you want.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I thought I wouldn’t like it but bc all the bark and plants are fixed in place with hot glue. I just take the top off and turn it upside down to drop food in. It’s working great. I got the second made and both are starting to make cork screw web tunnels I don’t have to destroy every so often.
I’ll get a few pics up soon when they have it a little thicker. Liking it the way it’s played out far more than I thought I would

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Good start, You will need to drill holes in the top, it will make your life easier.

Where'd you get those little water dishes?
I was worried about feeding but I’m just feeding by turning the large part upside down and dropping in food. The wood/plants are hot glued and the substrate doesn’t get messed up.
Oh that’s my favorite part! I cut the bottoms off of all the little dram vials slings come in, then sand them smooth. I get them in all sizes and depths that way and they look great in substrate or glued higher up.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I inverted my amac boxes for my Avic slings a month or more ago. You definitely did a better job with the cork bark than I did because it’s a pain in the butt the way mine is setup...I created too many obstacles for myself to get up there with ease.

I will say the plus side is I no longer break their web when I have to open the enclosure up. It’s also easier to check substraight for any moisture and fill up the water dish.

Once they web you can literally just go up from underneath and put the pray on their web with tongues and done. That has worked out well for me. The Avics tend to just hunker down until I’m out of there and then get busy with eating.

Great looking setup!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was worried about feeding but I’m just feeding by turning the large part upside down and dropping in food. The wood/plants are hot glued and the substrate doesn’t get messed up.
Oh that’s my favorite part! I cut the bottoms off of all the little dram vials slings come in, then sand them smooth. I get them in all sizes and depths that way and they look great in substrate or glued higher up.
I never thought of that!! I have a bunch I was going to throw out, genius idea!

Dorifto

He who moists xD
You can drill a big hole on top for feeding and watering purpose, then block it with a silicone plug of something similar

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
So I made a mini version off Versi Land for my smaller slings. Didn’t have enough room for The water dishes I currently have. So I have to water them like a plant when I see they are in a good position 164E9503-7D0B-40BE-A620-5F8DB2AAE65E.jpeg

Dorifto

He who moists xD
So I made a mini version off Versi Land for my smaller slings. Didn’t have enough room for The water dishes I currently have. So I have to water them like a plant when I see they are in a good position View attachment 354539
This is the top part?

You can glue a bottle cap with hot glue and drill a hole just in front, so you can use a syringe to fill the water trough the hole.

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi all, maybe a stupid question, but if your versi / arboreal hasn't webbed yet how do you feed? Will they find the food at the bottom of the enclosure?

My C. versi has been roaming around the top rim of my 32 oz enclosure since I got it Tuesday and I dont see any webbing. I provided a nice piece of cork tube cut in half along the side for anchoring its web as well as moss inside the cork tube half for additional anchors, but no go so far. I have two lines of air holes around the top rim and also halfway down the enclosure to encourage two paths of airflow.

I tried Tom Moran's idea of putting a bright light over the enclosure to encourage the sling down into hiding but no go.

Thanks so much!

Craig73

Arachnoangel
How big is your versi? Mine would find prekilled food on the bottom. I got him at .5” months ago and he didn’t web for about a month which is when he started to go into premolt.

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Craig, my versi is between 1/2 to 3/4". Just wondering if I put a piece of mealworm or crushed head cricket on the ground if the versi will see / sense it at the top of the enclosure.

Also, did your versi web at the highest point of the enclosure or did it utilize bark and other decorations?

I have an arboreal container from Jamie's I bought that opens at the bottom, but as this thread is kind of discussing, I have no idea how I'd maintain the upper closed off space let alone get the T out when its time to rehouse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
He’ll find it. Just drop it on the sub and if it’s not eaten within a day remove it and try again in a few days.

Can you post a pic of the enclosure?