I call it “Versi Land”

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He’ll find it. Just drop it on the sub and if it’s not eaten within a day remove it and try again in a few days.

Can you post a pic of the enclosure?
Uhh, sure, do I need to do a special hosting site for images or the files can post direct from my phone gallery?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Uhh, sure, do I need to do a special hosting site for images or the files can post direct from my phone gallery?
Click on the attach files button that you see when you are typing here (right next to the post reply button). You have the option retrieve a photo from your phones pic gallery.

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here you go. You can see her in both pictures but the one is a bit blurrier and she is farther away.

I tried to keep the attachments to one side of the enclosure to allow myself space to access the water bowl. My GBB got a similar setup although his cork piece is a little shorter. He's webbed his home up inside the bark already.

Attachments

Craig73

Arachnoangel
This is my personal opinion and others may chime in since it’s a bit large for him right now.

What I would is if you had some hot glue and a fake leaf I’d attach the leaf to the bark or on the side so it touches the bark to create a hiding spot to feel secure. I’d also hot glue another bottle cap Or two higher up near the bark; one for water and the other could be used to put the disabled pray in if your concerned it won’t make it down to the bottom. That’s me though.

One neat idea with bottle caps that get glued up higher is you can glue substraight or moss on the side of the cap to give it a more natural look.

It’s going to web wherever it wants, if there is a leaf for shelter it may or may not help encourage it to not web on the lid which as been a challenge with mine.

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So you suspect that the moss within the bark won't act as sufficient encouragement to hide within?

I can see about grabbing leaves this weekend from the local store. I bought a glue gun for this endeavor but felt like gluing things would make maintenance more difficult if I had to swap stuff out. Its worth a shot though if the concern is overly stressing the versi.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
It’ll work. I always try to provide a leaf that acts as a shelter as well as have it placed in a way the blocks a lot of the primary light for them; I’m definitely not one of those people that’s going to live in a dark room 24/7. 😂

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll see what I can do this weekend. Not sure how it'll respond to me pulling out such a large object from the enclosure >_<.

Is my ventilation setup sufficient? I figured 2 pairs of rows of 360 holes would do, but I know ventilation is supposed to be the most important for Avic's.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Ventilation looks good to me. And in my experience my slings have always seemed to dart out of the enclosure until they webbed, then they would just hunker down.

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sounds like quite the adventure. Thats what makes me nervous 😓.

Thanks so much for the help and input!

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Out of all the ones that have made the mad dash out, the versi always puts a smile on my face with the stunning blue color. It’s usually a bolt out and then around the outside of the enclosure.

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just wanted to update, got some silk plants at Walmart for around a buck cut a small branch off and glued it to the cork bark. Think the leaves are eucalyptus. Barely have room for the water dish now, but it fits. Hopefully the versi kid will find it more better than before.

She did as you described and climbed on the lip of the container and circled the entire time while I worked or added water. Kind of nerve racking getting her back in but used my paint brush to encourage her to move and when she got on the lip toward the inside of the enclosre put the lid over to close her outlet. Not sure if that's the way you pro's do it, but it went ok.

I left a dead tiny mealworm on the one leaf. Tried leaving it live but the worm just fell to the ground and started to dig. Hope the T finds it. First day of feeding did not go well. GBB briefly investigated but did not attack the worm on its web. Pulled it when he started to evacuate his area. Pumpkin patch i left half a dead small mealworm nearby on the cork bark. Hope she finds it. Finally, my B auratum was no where to be found which is a first all week so did not leave food behind in case it dug. So everyone has refilled water bowls and for the versi and pumpkin I also lightly sprayed one corner of the containers for moisture.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
This is the top part?

You can glue a bottle cap with hot glue and drill a hole just in front, so you can use a syringe to fill the water trough the hole.
Yeh it’s the top part. I’ve played with bottle caps and other things but this size is just too small. With the plants/bark there’s not enough room. I’d probably still put one if mine seem to readily accept water when I drop it on webbing and the sides for them. I just do that 3 times a week or so while young. Once they get moved up in size a bit all of them get bowls

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
This is the top part?

You can glue a bottle cap with hot glue and drill a hole just in front, so you can use a syringe to fill the water trough the hole.
Yeh it’s the top part. I’ve played with bottle caps and other things but this size is just too small. With the plants/bark there’s not enough room. I’d probably still put one if mine seem to readily accept water when I drop it on webbing and the sides for them. I just do that 3 times a week or so while young. Once they get moved up in size a bit all of them get bowls

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I lost my versicolor this morning. I had moved her to a new, smaller enclosure Friday evening because she had not eaten since she was in my care. Offered pre-killed half mealworm one week and pre-killed half a cricket last weekend. I know people say them not feeding isn't a huge concern but as all my other T's seem fine I wanted to ensure she could find her prey. I woke up this morning to find her death curled in her water dish. I sprayed the new home Friday evening when I transferred her and she's always had water. Frankly, I have 0 idea why she passed. Attached photos.

Attachments