Species Hysterocrates gigas

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my uncle is a woof worker(own buisness) so im picking up some nice half cressed logs does anyone have any idea on what i should do to my tank as in layout ect......

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not yet guys i dont have any of mine i just cant wait any longer has ANYONE got pics of this spiders burrows please

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes guys i woke up this morning to find that "Pancho" has been digging last night YAY look carefully undernear the rock hes about 3-4 cm down hes in there on the pics not clean srry guys i need a new camera im using my cell phone.

Please post comments

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ohh yeah and guys i was feeding my B.Vagans last night when her wood peice where her burrow is underneath caved in on her last night she was active so i didnt wake her so imoved the wood to see if she was finewhen the spider i thought i could easly pick up anytime done this may need to zoom out a bit.

and she was attacking my forcepts

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
not gigas but scepticus

eats well, nice backlegs!!!

Last edited:

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
omg thats amazing i hope mine makes one like that
That is a cool picture. :)

Give yours a big enough home and it'll probably make multiple burrow entrances, some that are actually covered by web and substrate to form a sort of trapdoor. All of the Hysterocrates I've kept did that and it was a lot of fun watching them catch prey through them.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ahhhhh

it is so hard for me to get good pics b/c i let all my lil monsters burrow but i caught just the backend of her leaving!! ill try to get her all the way out with a roach tonight..lata

Last edited:

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks alot man your pics are great i love them mine has just started to make another one i looked in this morning to find the water dish upsidedown and a small burrow forming

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes guys i just got in from work and "pancho" has made a burrow all the way to the bottom of the tank i think hes still going :? fingers crossed

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok yes hes done it all the way down and i think her going to the other end of his Tank sould i feed him or leave him to do his burrow further????

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I got this MM H.Gigas yesterday and the female about 5 days ago, the female is crazy and will bite anything in site, the MM is more laid back.

Pics of MM:

Pics Of Female:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good luck with your sp."Gigas" hehe
you should def let a bunch live communally if you get an eggsack!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks guys :D I had 200 live communual and had no deaths...they were all aropund 3-4" when I sold them!!