Husband is allowing 1 more arboreal T!

BonnieBeans

Arachnopeon
...that being said, I'm having trouble deciding which to add.

I've never had a Versicolor, and I want one.
I also really REALLY want an A. Purpurea.
My MM P. Metallica died about a year ago so I want another... or any P. truthfully. Maybe a Hati hati? Maybe a ......

How do you decide? How can I decide what to add to my collection when my husband tells me I can only have one more?

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So many options, but that's what makes this hobby great. I personally enjoy pokies over avic's, so that's where my choice would lead.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Maybe get a new husband? :D

Seriously, why are there so many husbands and wives that put their foot down like that? 'you can only have ONE more', pfff. If it is about money, I can understand, but otherwise, who are they to lay down the law like that? They act like parents controlling their children. I would never put up with that, it creates a serious inbalance in relationships IMO.
Sorry for the rant OP, but I am seeing so many of these posts, had to let off some steam.

Choose how many and which you feel like getting,would be my answer. I hope you get a freebie with your order, take THAT, dear husband....:p

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
...that being said, I'm having trouble deciding which to add.

I've never had a Versicolor, and I want one.
I also really REALLY want an A. Purpurea.
My MM P. Metallica died about a year ago so I want another... or any P. truthfully. Maybe a Hati hati? Maybe a ......

How do you decide? How can I decide what to add to my collection when my husband tells me I can only have one more?
Flip a coin, if it lands on edge.... buy both!

Give hubby one potatoe chip. When he asks for more...... say "Nope just one!"

Or,
"But dear. I only ordered one, the other was a "freebie". Give him a sad puppy look and a bag of chips. :rolleyes:

BonnieBeans

Arachnopeon
Maybe get a new husband? :D
Nah, he's a keeper! It's more about space than anything. He's very minimalist: clean lines, no clutter, no dust. I'm more of a "let me see how much I can fit on this one teeny tiny shelf." Lol. Compromise keeps us happy. :D plus, he already put up with the countless other pets I bring home.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Nah, he's a keeper! It's more about space than anything. He's very minimalist: clean lines, no clutter, no dust. I'm more of a "let me see how much I can fit on this one teeny tiny shelf." Lol. Compromise keeps us happy. :D plus, he already put up with the countless other pets I bring home.
Ever seen a keepers T-room? It doesn't get any more minimalistic and clean lined than that. Except for maybe fish.
I have seven big shelves, each shelf contains a series of enclosures or vials of the same size,neatly spaced out over the shelve. Clean lines. Clean lines everywhere :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I love the term "minimalist" :-s

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Go for the Avics, you won't regret it. :)
If by hatihati you mean Cyriopagopus SP hatihati I wouldn't bother. They're pretty but hide all the time and are the most defensive and skittish spider I've ever owned.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
A couple things to the OP. Come on now, you're married. Every married guy uses this rule of thumb, "It's better to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission." Use it. What is he going to leave? Nope...

2nd, I learned this from an article back when I was married. I had several firearms. I owned a really big safe and as long as it wasn't full, she couldn't tell the difference when I bought one. Now with my tarantulas, I have a few big racks. My T's are all spread out. My other half sees these racks almost daily. I add tarantulas periodically and it never gets questioned because there is always space on the racks. It works...

Think outside of the box and get what you want, lololol. Lesson complete

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Ever seen a keepers T-room? It doesn't get any more minimalistic and clean lined than that. Except for maybe fish.
I have seven big shelves, each shelf contains a series of enclosures or vials of the same size,neatly spaced out over the shelve. Clean lines. Clean lines everywhere :D
I recently kicked myself for this after buying new totes for like half my collection. I opted for a new tote style and ended up liking it alot. I went back to buy more of the same totes to streamline my racks (BECAUSE UNIFORMITY*) and they were out of the totes... I was originally going to buy enough to swap them all but thought against it. Now i may have to do it all again. Clean lines are a must.

Bread

Arachnopeon
I shall quote from the Spidershop UK FAQ

Q. My Partner has forbidden my from buying on more spiders, is there something you can suggest.
A. Nope. But some times it’s better to ask forgiveness then permission.

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Have you considered a species from the Tapinauchenius genus? They're out in the open often, and with lovely colours they make a good display T, they're arguably the fastest genus, and have attitude, especially for a new world...won't hesitate to show off a threat pose.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
A couple things to the OP. Come on now, you're married. Every married guy uses this rule of thumb, "It's better to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission." Use it. What is he going to leave? Nope...

2nd, I learned this from an article back when I was married. I had several firearms. I owned a really big safe and as long as it wasn't full, she couldn't tell the difference when I bought one. Now with my tarantulas, I have a few big racks. My T's are all spread out. My other half sees these racks almost daily. I add tarantulas periodically and it never gets questioned because there is always space on the racks. It works...

Think outside of the box and get what you want, lololol. Lesson complete
Lol! I'm gonna use that myself Walker253!