Husband is allowing 1 more arboreal T!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Have you considered a species from the Tapinauchenius genus? They're out in the open often, and with lovely colours they make a good display T, they're arguably the fastest genus, and have attitude, especially for a new world...won't hesitate to show off a threat pose.
Heyyyy, another Tappi enthousiast :D!
I didn't suggest it cause i figured it would be kicked down in comparison to the famous Pokies or Psalmopoeus :p
I love my T.violaceus. She can be spazzy but is not very defensive. But i understand T.gigas can be a handful temperament-wise. I love the colours and feathered legs. Depending on the light, she shows a myriad of shades of purple.

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't have gigas anymore, but my Tapinauchenius sp. Colombia shows the same temperament and speed. Also, the only sling I've ever had escape never to be found again was a Tapinauchenius sp Union Island. I think it was the fastest critter I ever owned, lol.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I don't have gigas anymore, but my Tapinauchenius sp. Colombia shows the same temperament and speed. Also, the only sling I've ever had escape never to be found again was a Tapinauchenius sp Union Island. I think it was the fastest critter I ever owned, lol.
At least with Tapinauchenius, you know up front there will be a zippidy zap speed demon racing around when rehousing. With Psalmopoeus (pulcher in my case) , they move hesitantly, slowly, only
to burst out of the tank/catch cup on an only perceivable by them signal :D.
I love both species for bringing their own personalities into the game, but i love my T.violaceus just a bit more :p

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
A couple things to the OP. Come on now, you're married. Every married guy uses this rule of thumb, "It's better to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission." Use it. What is he going to leave? Nope...

2nd, I learned this from an article back when I was married. I had several firearms. I owned a really big safe and as long as it wasn't full, she couldn't tell the difference when I bought one. Now with my tarantulas, I have a few big racks. My T's are all spread out. My other half sees these racks almost daily. I add tarantulas periodically and it never gets questioned because there is always space on the racks. It works...

Think outside of the box and get what you want, lololol. Lesson complete
Hmmm. Hope she doesn't read your post lol!

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
A.metallica, you can find adults pretty cheap. Beautiful, large, and mellow. highly underrated imo.

P. Pulcher, mine has been sweet to me but super fast, no interest in messing with it. Beautiful T's as well.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Omg lol I just laugh because your husband is "allowing" you one more T, when I sometimes think I'll have to hide my husbands cards and lock him outside the house without his cell in order to keep him from ordering Ts And draining the bank account lol ... I guess the grass is never actually greener.... :p

mistertim

Arachnobaron
So weird to hear that someone is "allowing" you to do what you want. Get whatever tarantula you want and tell him that you do what you want and it's his issue if he has a problem with it. I would recommend P. cam. But a Tap would be cool...though I don't have one myself.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Omg lol I just laugh because your husband is "allowing" you one more T, when I sometimes think I'll have to hide my husbands cards and lock him outside the house without his cell in order to keep him from ordering Ts And draining the bank account lol ... I guess the grass is never actually greener.... :p
It is great when you can share your hobby with your SO. Although less so for the bankaccount :D