Humidity for A. bicolor.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
John,

Makes sense. I'd love to see the pics of it. My bags and bags of playground sand are likely to end up part of my monitor lizard's substrate mix, so I may need to get some new substrate in a month or so anyways. I like the idea of having more options. I am really looking forward to sharing enclosure ideas. I'll have to take some pics of mine.

Scorpions can be so uncooperative. Remember my posting that the A.bicolor had dug a burrow? I went to get some photographs and it had completely filled it in. You can just see the oval on the surface that deliniates the compacted and loose sands. I think it filled it in with the stuff left over from its new scrape.

Gary,

No problem on the tips. I love to share my ideas and have others share theirs. As for scorpion chat, I should get my schedule for next week after tommorow's shift. At that point I will try to schedule something for Friday or Saturday night. How's that with you, John?

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I'm out a lot on Fri and Sat evenings...though not necessarily both days on any given weekend....

John
; ' /

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Oh come on.... We all know you have nothing better to do but troll these boards 24 hrs a day. ;)

Scott

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Shhh! Don't tell my boss! :D

Oh wait...he hasn't got a clue :? how to use a PC...heh heh heh Muhahahahaha...ah ...heh....hee....ahem...nough of that!

;P

John
; ' /

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Have any of you guys tried mixing in some coconut coir (bed-a-beast, t rex forrest bed, etc)into your substrates? It has a fiberous texture and is great for burrowing because it holds well. With humidity-loving species I do something like 75% pet and 25% coir. In drier conditions I add sand as well.

Wade

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Wade,

I haven't used any. I will be redoing my H.spinifer enclosure soon (meaning anywhere from a week to a year from now), though, and will be looking at modifications to my existing setup. I will likely run a few experiments with different substrates before settling on a mix, so I can include coconut at that time.

Cheers,
Dave