How old are y'all?

Hoosier

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering what the age range is here. Post your age and the length of time you were in the scorpion/bug hobby.

Hoosier

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am 19 turning 20 this October. Hobby time: 2 weeks :)

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm 19 and bought my first emperor about a month and a half ago

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
15 born January 8th been keeping scorpions since Christmas (6 months).

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
im 17 :O
apparently my message is too short, this should lengthen it a little bit

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
16, born on October 15, 1987
i have been keeping scorps since early April.

rafasani

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am 21..
i don´t have any scorps (yet :rolleyes: ) but i´ve been keeping spiders for 8/9 months now...

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I turned 18 last month.
I've been keeping bugs for 7-8 years, but only got my first scorpion last year

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
and I got my first tarantula in January, 1998 for my classroom. Then a parent gave me a pair of Emperor scorpions. Unfortunately they're gone now but I'd like get another one. I have 140 tarantulas now. John

PS, PIter and I share a birthday. :)

Last edited:

eksong

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
21, turning 22 soon and still an undergrad, how embarrassing.

I've been in the invert hobby since the beginning of this year, not a very long time. My first (and only) scorps are my 3 emp babies purchased about 3 months ago. I am not sure I will be purchasing scorps in the near future; these little babies are great, but they spend too much time underground for me to justify another buy.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
eksong said:
21, turning 22 soon and still an undergrad, how embarrassing.
Umm ... 24. Should be graduating soon, though. ;) I always think I've been in the hobby forever, but when I actually break it down I got my first scorpions about four years ago. Had reptiles before that.

Cheers,
Dave

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
eksong, if I'm not mistaken emperors are a good deal less... "on crack" than some of the more aggressive species.. which is why they're recommended as good starters. :)

If you move up the aggression ladder a bit you may find them to be more to your liking. :)

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
19 going on 20 in a couple weeks. No scorps yet, but I did buy 3 beautiful baby Ts today though! :)

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I'm 35 and got my first scorpions about 12 years ago and have been in and out of the hobby in a limited way until about three years ago...now I'm in really deep...65+ scorpions not counting babies 21+ species and no end in sight. Definitely trying to get into the more scientific end of the hobby as well.

I prefer to collect most of my scorpions now...much more fun and much more satisfying to find them yourself...plus you get to hang out in some beautiful terrain and see all the other critters out there as well.

John
];')

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm 15, been into scorps for about a year now, was studying them on the internet sinse i was 13