How does your garden grow?

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
@Tarantuland Have you grown the Purple Cherokee tomatoes before? I tried for the first time last year, but they all split open before they were ripe. I was told it could have been caused by watering them in the heat of the day. I hope I'm successful this year, I really want to know what they taste like.
Yeah I did last year. I didn’t get as many as I wanted though. It’s always best to water early morning. If not evening, or at sunset. Never in the middle of the day.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I did last year. I didn’t get as many as I wanted though. It’s always best to water early morning. If not evening, or at sunset. Never in the middle of the day.
I know it sucks though when I forget and see everything all droopy. I have an alarm set now.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Real T owners spend their time growing Ts, not plants, you’re either dedicated to the cause or you aren’t.
:troll:

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Real T owners spend their time growing Ts, not plants, you’re either dedicated to the cause or you aren’t.
:troll:
The problem is that their care is so simple and easy, i need other hobbies to fill my time and keep me excited. 🙂
Plus, i like gardening. I get to eat what I'm working with, sometimes.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
The problem is that their care is so simple and easy, i need other hobbies to fill my time and keep me excited. 🙂
Plus, i like gardening. I get to eat what I'm working with, sometimes.
Wait, you don't eat your tarantulas? Darned vegans.

You have a lovely garden, and it makes me think I should try vegetables, though I have never had much luck with them in the past.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Wait, you don't eat your tarantulas?
Na. I'm a big softie. I thought i could do meat rabbits years ago because i hunt but after a litter or two, i started to die a little inside. Now, we're down to one from the last litter named slippers and she's a pain in the ass but she's family 'cause she's a pet. I get attatched to anything i take care of.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I planted a Persian mulberry that i started from a cutting. This is year five and i finally have flowers. If i can keep the birds off, there should be some tasty fruit on the way.
20210603_143854_HDR.jpg 20210603_143927_HDR.jpg

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Every freaking year, man.
The peonies start to bloom, i get ready for a show, a thunderstorm knocks them down and i swear to God I'm going to tie them up next year.
20210608_123949_HDR.jpg 20210608_120030_HDR.jpg
20210608_124008_HDR.jpg
20210604_163956_HDR.jpg
Still pretty.

Rhodies are bulletproof.
20210604_163723_HDR.jpg

Attachments

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
Yeah. They're pigs.
Spacing for mounds is like eight feet.
Damn this hard ground! I'm going to transplant it in a big tub and cross my fingers, not making any bets on it's survival though. If I don't try something I won't have beans or pumpkins.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Damn this hard ground! I'm going to transplant it in a big tub and cross my fingers, not making any bets on it's survival though. If I don't try something I won't have beans or pumpkins.
There's still time to plant beans.
If you pull the beans, you could end up with a table pumkin or two. It's just going to need a little fertilizer and light cropping, later.
When i was in an apartment, i grew blue hubbard squash in a Rubbermaid bin on the deck. It was stunted so the fruit was small but it worked.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
There's still time to plant beans.
If you pull the beans, you could end up with a table pumkin or two. It's just going to need a little fertilizer and light cropping, later.
When i was in an apartment, i grew blue hubbard squash in a Rubbermaid bin on the deck. It was stunted so the fruit was small but it worked.
That's a much better idea, the beans could go in a better spot anyways.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
When I grow lettuce, I forget to harvest it so it starts growing tall like sticks so I feed it to my horses. It’s also super hot in my area so it dries out quick and gets brown spots on it.