How did you find Arachnoboards?

LorsWildlife

Arachnopeon
I found it through my T breeder, Scott, 20 years ago but have made a new account recently since I hadn't been here in so many years and couldn't remember my old info. So yeah :) He still has a useful website at scottstarantulas.com if anyone wants to add it to their resources. Great forums here, though.

TarantulaTrey

Arachnopeon
I was actually on a Tarantula sub Reddit and I noticed there wasn’t much traffic on there. I searched for some Key words and I saw multiple people telling the OP’s to try Arachnoboards because there is much more traffic and much more knowledge. I just wish there was an app.

SimonSZ

Arachnopeon
Found through google along with a few others. After lurking on several, it seemed clear this board had the most activity and the information I was looking for.

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
Found a tigrosa grandis and then found this site using google searches to ID it and get some basic info. Didn't take me long to fall down the spider hole :bookworm:

Newspidermom77

Arachnopeon
I found it googling the million questions I had about keeping tarantulas! It seemed like for every question I could ask, I would find the answer here! Well I finally got my first tarantula so I figured it would be a good idea to join!

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
Google, looking into beginner tarantulas, lots of useful threads from here popped up. It's been immensely useful in helping me make up my mind.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
I found arachnoboards.com on Google. I was looking to get into the hobby and stumbled across this awesome forum! Great advice here and helped me decide to get my first t (brachypelma albopilosum sling named Dozer for obvious reasons).

WillemJovner

Arachnopeon
I really enjoy it. It is awesome knowing there is a tonne of information available right here. Got my first Parabuthus Transvaalicus 2 days ago and hope to learn more

WiltedRoseGold

Arachnopeon
Well, I’m still pretty new in the hobby. When I was doing research before I ordered my first T,
I obviously had basic husbandry questions. The fact of the matter was whenever I searched up a question regarding my Ts, usually one of the threads here on Arachnoboards would come up as the first search result.

About 10 years ago, while searching for info on Scorpion husbandry during a Spanish class. To this day my invert keeping skills outshine my Spanish speaking ability...

Phoenix G

Arachnopeon
I was walking and almost stepped on a tarantula a few months ago. It was just..there. And still. So I picked it up and decided to keep it as a pet. (Yes it is a New World species LOL.) Flash forward it has laid eggs (confirmed female!! Hahahaha!) and I'm trying to expand my collection by trading the slings.

It's been a wild ride going from "I know nothing help" to "I know something about THIS species.."

Craven Sapphire

Arachnopeon
I was severely arachnophobic and youtube was mean and had a thumbnail of a T molting and I remember being shocked that they molted like snakes (which I always liked) and watched it and initially wished I hadn't. :rolleyes:
Then I got a sick sense of curiousness and went ahead and searched other tarantula videos because I was embarrassed for freaking out about a video and came across Exotics Lair and later on Dark Den.
Watching their videos slowly and surely got me over my arachnophobia and I joined some tarantula groups on facebook and someone commented about this site, so I looked it up and went ahead and made an account.
Don't have any Ts yet, but I'm hoping to make my first purchase soon. :D

Phoenix G

Arachnopeon
I was severely arachnophobic and youtube was mean and had a thumbnail of a T molting and I remember being shocked that they molted like snakes (which I always liked) and watched it and initially wished I hadn't. :rolleyes:
Then I got a sick sense of curiousness and went ahead and searched other tarantula videos because I was embarrassed for freaking out about a video and came across Exotics Lair and later on Dark Den.
Watching their videos slowly and surely got me over my arachnophobia and I joined some tarantula groups on facebook and someone commented about this site, so I looked it up and went ahead and made an account.
Don't have any Ts yet, but I'm hoping to make my first purchase soon. :D
It's an invective fascination that turns into a love!! Personally I don't agree with certain parts of Dark Den's channel but I like that he cooperates with Exotics Lair and they trade. What species are you getting? No one says you ever have to touch them. You don't even have to watch them eat (the crunching) if you don't want to, so they are fascinating look-at-me pets.

Mbuch

Arachnopeon
I've wanted to keep Ts since I was maybe 7 years old. Finally 30 years later I have a couple! Found the site via Reddit recommendation, since the sub there isn't super active.
Happy to be here!

Mythdefied

Arachnopeon
Was Googling for the specific venom type carried by the Hogna carolinensis. Still haven't found that, but found an old thread here on the species.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I was on a wild YouTube spree, and I came across a video of Oliver something-or-other showing off a 2' hererophrynus batesii specimen in a museum (I think I had looked up "largest arachnid). I looked up Hererophrynus batesii and found Michael Seiter's pictures on here. I lurked for a while, but eventually bought a whipspider and joined up when it was acting difficult lol. No one has been able to get rid of me since.