How did you find Arachnoboards?

Pyxie

Arachnopeon
I found the forums when I was doing a group "amazing race" in which I could get 500 points for holding a tarantula. That many points was enough to kick me in HIGH first. I went to the local pet shops and asked to hold their Eight-Legged creatures, but none would let me:banghead:. Being highly competitive, I didn't let that stop me. I went right online a bought one. That'll show them.. not let ME hold one.. Imma get my own:D. Problem came when I had a tar a rule and no idea how to keep it. After some quick searches, I ended up here;). I won the race too:smug:, AND got three more tarantulas. I suppose I am hooked now.

Cororon

Arachnoknight
I found the Arachnoboards a couple of times when I was trying to pinpoint the species of spiders I've met. This place is a valuable source of info thanks to its members!

StarPum

Arachnopeon
I've been planning to get a tarentula as soon as I'm settled home and spent HOURS ripping my eyes off and reading tons of pages about how to care for them... When I found arachnoboards and realized that I could interact with a whole community, I registered and knew I'll come back later when I'll get my first T!

Bearded Warrior

Arachnopeon
I came across mention of the boards while watching an episode of The_Dark_Den. Petko was scrolling through the forums and made reference to them which made me think I should check them out myself.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The thread title reminded me of one of my favorite jokes

Waiter "and how did you find your steak this evening sir"

Diner "I just lifted a piece of lettuce and there it was"

As for how I found this site, probably through a google search but its been so long I really don't remember.

netherguard

Arachnopeon
I was googling around to learn about keeping the random spiders I find in my house/yard as pets and I stumbled across the boards. They've been very informative!

atronic

Arachnopeon
Like most people I found this board by googling about. 2 spiders deep now and Im fascinated by this hobby :)

MissG13

Arachnopeon
Arachnoboards was recommended to me by some one in the tarantula collective group (Facebook). This has been one of the most informative places on T's that I've discovered.

David McCreary

Commander of the Universe
I was looking for a place to buy a tarantula after I found one that was crawling on a leg span of about 10" up onto my back porch. It was heavy, all black, and had an impressive presence. With a piece of cardboard I gently scooped it up and placed it in my garden. The spider showed no defense and wandered off never to be seen again. The next day I went web surfing for a T and found this wonderful site. The overall end result is an A. seemanni that abides in a vivarium I built, sitting on the edge of my desk.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I just kept trying to look up species of spiders and kept seeing arachnoboards, figured I’d join bc I wanted to ask some questions and comment on some stuff

The Seraph

Arachnolord
I was researching how to care for a tarantula and I came upon here seven years ago. I have only been a member for a few months though.

Gerbear

Arachnopeon
I found AB looking for information on what a good beginner species would be, and for Canadian dealers of said species, and the remainder of the story can be found in the historical archives.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
I found it googling info on Tarantulas something I don't do now because of this it's like the Google of the tarantula world

Villagecreep

Arachnosquire
I'm just curious to know how most people find out about the boards.
if you used google or something, what did you search for?

here's my story:

I had a lab with a guy a few years back, and we became good friends and I had told him about my T(one at the time) he got interested and got a few. one day he showed me the boards, we wasted many a day looking at pictures of T's and reading bite reports.

about a year later I remembered it and joined up. :)
I found this site when looking for info about jumpers

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
15 years ago i was at the peak of the hobby, keeping hundreds of tarantulas and breeding alot! Then it was not hard to find AB. Now i am just keeping around 10 spiders for fun! But it is still alot of fun and very intresting! A bunch of new speicies has entered the hobby since then!