How did you find Arachnoboards?

HEk9

Arachnopeon
I found it on Google. I'm about to get my first T of many many T's :happy:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
note if your not into long storys skip my post lol well iv guesting around this board for like 5 years lol. im the type of person who does research research and more research. i know about alot of animals [tho am by no means even close to smart with arachnids i cant name scientific names period with these suckers..] iv always been into anything with scales and tails. tho the only insects i have are dubia and mealies. i still creep around here...For example currently im bored at work and have nothing better to do lol so why not read up about animals, and find out other problems i might, maybe run into WHEN i get a real pet bug [or pet hole lol] and see other peoples dedication and enjoyment in keeping exotic animals :)

i originally came across this from word of mouth/finger i believe from a python forum. its been many years. probably even 4 years im not sure. cant be 100% because i never made a username. many moons ago wiel doing research on animals before i bought them. i constantly ran into a few people who owned T's or pedes and theyd mention "bug board" "arachnobored" and a few other things. both in forums and over the mic on games... eventually my curiosity for the strange got ahold of me. never been afraid of spiders. iv often found myself watching a house spider or a wild tarantula scurry about and just start thinking. so i found myself trying to find "bug board" which ofcourse was there way of abv. arachnoboard.. and all i found was peoples dried bug collections being showcased... after about 3 more months of my routine animal research to decide what reptile/amphibian fit with both my desire and capability. it hit me "arachnaboards is a site name!" :sarcasm: i never said i was smart btw ;P

i poked around here many a months for either days or months before i decided arachnids where not for me at the time as i didn't want to accidental kill it, nor get killed by my family... many more years i pop in and out. and now 10 snakes 3 lizards and a ton of rodents[not meals] later i decided i NEED a bug :3 so im back up to my neck in knowledge. as to not offend anybody i never made a name asking stupid questions "what bug is for me" i did it the better way...hold onto your chairs for this one.... i read other posts [oh my lord a noob using the search bar.. gaaaah!] and made a post once i decided what and how many im getitng. now i figured id say hi *waves*

btw sorry for the life story guys i feel a story is better then just saying "just happened apon it from word of mouth" plus to me a long winded story can have more meaning then a 3 word reply :3

Last edited:

Jon95

Arachnopeon
Led here by that youtuber "Jon3800" he's like a Tarantula OG! haha, and hey! my name is Jon too so there's a connection :p this board is nothing short of awesome!

moleman1980

Arachnopeon
It was Jon3800 and RobC Tarantulaguy,that got me back in the hobby.
And the Alex080 old video rants and awesome video's from both of them.:)
BAM'' BAMM ''BAAAAM.LOL

cold blood

Staff member
I have recently and finally decided to get a little more into the t game. I have had a rosehair for about 12 years (she was a full grown adult when I got her), but have always longed for t's with better color and a better appetite. My girl recently went 13 months on a fast. In my search and research (which I tend to do obsessively), arachnboboards continually popped up. I then investigated and found it was a world I didn't know existed. I'm in frigid Wisconsin and literally have never met anyone else with an interest in t's. I really liked the dealer reviews as well as all the hands on experience offered here. I found this site about 3 months ago, now I'm on board! I recently acquired a b. smithi, which is just over an inch and I also have a ravenous little 2.5" g. pulchripes I'm really enjoying so far. Looking at another 5-7 fairly soon. I'm regularly on fishing sites similar to this where I am the teacher, I look foreward to learning a lot here. Thanks in advance y'all!

oooo35980

Arachnosquire
I found this board by googling things like "How to remove urticating hairs." and "Can a tarantula eat too much?".

tarantulagal

Arachnopeon
My first time using Arachnoboards I was in desperate need of advice for molting problems. I searched "tarantula stuck in molt help". This was two or three years ago! :)

Josh Young

Arachnopeon
I found the board using google while reading up on spider behavior, taxonomy and husbandry.
I have found myself reading here for a few years now and chose to join recently.

druid8783

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think I originally joined the boards in 2003 or 4 when researching on how to care for spiders (google of course..lol). I got out of the hobby in 05 and am getting back in! YAY!

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
I was trying to find information about an Argiope aurantia that had recently bestowed upon me the gift of eggs. I had seen the forum before, but never really cared (that seems like blasphemy now!). I realized that it was a community of people like me, and joined. Now I go here first for spider information!
By the way, more blasphemy here: I had no interest in Ts at all before joining the boards. They seemed boring to me, perhaps because I knew next to nothing about them. (Not sure why that would make them boring...)

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Jon3800 and I believe TarantulaAddict on Youtube recommended this forum in several of their videos. I might have also read a few topics on here before I got my first T in the process of doing research, but it was the recommendation of experienced Tarantula owners that sold me on setting up an account. :)

Graham Jones

Arachnopeon
I followed a link on the British Tarantula Society Forum. I liked the look of this place and decided right away to join to see what I can contribute. I am an experienced T keeper. I have had T's for 34 years!

I look forward to making some new friends.

Cheers,
Graham

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I was researching how to care for my C. Rose and have been lusting for a GBB for an least 2 years before that. This forum comes up in almost every search on any topic relating to just about any invert I've ever tried to research. I've read the posts relating those topics. So when I got my Rose sling a month and a half ago, I lurked for a couple of weeks and then signed up.

darthcider

Arachnopeon
Another tick for Google, plus it being mentioned as a good source of info, help and experience in lots of Q&A stuff online.

Newt1

Arachnopeon
I was looking for a place to buy some tarantulas. I did a search and this place popped up.