How could anyone not like these?

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Female albino ball python from a high contrast line.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gorgeous snake. What was the price if you dont mind my asking. I haven't looked at prices for a while.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't like em'... haha jk there awome, good cool snake ;)

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool snake, but i don't like them.... never have liked pythons or boas..

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice specimen, but I just dislike albinos. I'm a purist, something weakly and unnatural about it to me. Same with unnaturally occuring hybrids.

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice specimen, but I just dislike albinos. I'm a purist, something weakly and unnatural about it to me. Same with unnaturally occuring hybrids.

What about spiders?

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful animals! Where do all these different Color Morphs come from? Is it that people breed two different species or do people do what they do with dogs and just selectively breed the coolest of the litter until you get something very different? Can one buy two normal ball pythons and breed them and a recessive gene brings out a different type? The Spider and the Albino are very cool congrats man.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Beautiful animals! Where do all these different Color Morphs come from? Is it that people breed two different species or do people do what they do with dogs and just selectively breed the coolest of the litter until you get something very different? Can one buy two normal ball pythons and breed them and a recessive gene brings out a different type? The Spider and the Albino are very cool congrats man.
i think all your q's are "yes"

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These are naturally occurring mutations. Some are dominant (the spider) and some are recessive (the albino).

By breeding a dominant animal the a normal animal, half the offspring will look normal and the others will look like the mutation.

With a recessive, you would breed that to a normal and all the offspring would be normal looking but carrying the genes to make the mutation. When those offspring hets are bred, their offspring produce half normal and half looking like the mutation.

Then you get into double het and triple het breeding or 2 dominants or dom and het or co-dom.........

Lots of things to create with the right genes.:D

For example. I plan on breeding my spider to my pastel. That should give a cluch of spiders, pastels, normals and a combination of the spider and pastel called a bumblebee.

There are tons of different mutations. You just need to add the right ingredients.:D

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was looking a nice albino ball at a expo for around $900, wish I would have has the cash to bring him home. I would really like to have a high white pied most though, they are incredible.

I don't care for spiders.

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does a Normal Ball Python Sometimes have a reverse pattern? where the
Orange/yellow is turned black and the black is Orange/yellow? Are these cool different type of ball pythons really expensive? Can you send me a link with pictures of all the variations? Thanks

Eric

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
good snake but i like boas not pythons :? :? and i think you can not beat the normal type but thats just i.m.o. :clap: :clap: :clap: to snakes -- phil
cool snake, but i don't like them.... never have liked pythons or boas..

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does a Normal Ball Python Sometimes have a reverse pattern? where the
Orange/yellow is turned black and the black is Orange/yellow? Are these cool different type of ball pythons really expensive? Can you send me a link with pictures of all the variations? Thanks

Eric
proexotics.com

they have many morphs there, plus good pictures. Also they also explain the whole genes thing pretty well.

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've got the normal phase one too but....

You can't beat a nice morph.:D

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
T
By breeding a dominant animal the a normal animal, half the offspring will look normal and the others will look like the mutation.

With a recessive, you would breed that to a normal and all the offspring would be normal looking but carrying the genes to make the mutation. When those offspring hets are bred, their offspring produce half normal and half looking like the mutation.

:D
Very good, except when you intercross the hets you get 1/4 recessive and 1/2 carrier. I'm sure you knew and just mis-spoke, but for the non-genetically inclined, I thought I'd point it out so they don't learn wrong.
___A__a_
A | AA Aa
a | Aa aa