How could anyone not like these?

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:D Don't want to get too crazy. Genetics are hard enough to understand when you've been working with these things for years. I'd give someone a headache and kill this thread fast if I brought out a punnett square. :D :D :D

Start talking about 100% het to 100% het breedings which would give you (maybe) visuals and 66% hets with the rest. It's all about odds. LOL. Which normal looking animal is the genetic material you need. :D :D :D

Or double hets bred to double hets....................Nevermind.......I'm boring people now. :D

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol not at all. Very interesting stuff.
There are way to many bp morphs to list!! Hundreds and hundreds. Some worth 200 grand!!

myrmecophile

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Way too many "morphs" out there. I personally do not believe a great many of them deserve the title, but as long as people will keep tossing their hard earned money at the producers, new morphs will appear every day.

rollinkansas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Way too many "morphs" out there. I personally do not believe a great many of them deserve the title, but as long as people will keep tossing their hard earned money at the producers, new morphs will appear every day.
I fully agree. All it takes is one spot in the wrong place or a little mis-pattern somewhere on the snake, and then the breeder just throws some silly name on it, and charges a ridiculous amount of money. Especially with balls this is out of control.

Dont get me wrong, normal balls are nice snakes but the morphs are getting out of hand, especially at the prices they command.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice specimen, but I just dislike albinos. I'm a purist, something weakly and unnatural about it to me. Same with unnaturally occuring hybrids.
exactly...I prefer the Reg. patterned herps.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I for one can appreciate both a normal and mutated forms of animals. Normals are great cause there a slice out of nature, the way evolution designed them. Morphs are like a photo negative of their wild ancestors, from a surreal landscape. From an artist's perspective, I think snakes like the pastle pied and coral glow are amazing, and would fit in nicly in a surnatural setup. In my opionon the two aren't comparable, normals are created in nature, while most mution lines are formed and continued in breeding facilities. Both are worthy of their own kind of praise. ~ Rex

Anybody looking for a great book on the genetic mutations of snakes, should get their hand on a copy of John Berry's "Designer Morphs." It covers every known mutation and hybrid of ball pythons, red tailded boas, blood pythons, carpet pythons, and rainbow boas up untill 2006.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are they???

I once made a $10,000 python post. Which was immediately replied to by someone posting an add about a $100,000. So yes, these things can get a bit pricey, but thats why we have lines of credit on our houses.{D

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's crazy how many different 'colors' there are... seems to me it would take a trained eye to tell the difference in most of them.

I myself really like the look of the piebald... I find them to be pretty and unique, but that is just my opinion.