How are centipedes escape artists?

Telsaro

Arachnopeon
@UltimateDracoMeteor

Forgot those glass aquariums with the lid... they work pretty well for centipedes as well.
Absolutely! Just remember, although centipedes can't climb glass, they will climb the sealant in the corners. Make sure your lid is secure and has no holes to squeeze through. I use a metal mesh lid with reptile clips and some 2.5lbs weights on all four corners, because my girl as already demonstrated her cleverness >.<

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Oh, and btw Telsaro, your pede is a Dehaani, not a Subspinipes. The former was once considered a subspecies of the latter, but is now regarded as a distinct species.

Telsaro

Arachnopeon
Oh, and btw Telsaro, your pede is a Dehaani, not a Subspinipes. The former was once considered a subspecies of the latter, but is now regarded as a distinct species.
Ah, thank you! I am a bit new to centipedes and there seems to be a bunch of varied info on them right now. I purchased her from underground reptile and they have her listed as subspinipes on their site.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
In fact if you google Scolopendra subspinipes, pretty much half the results you get will be dehaani.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Gallon/2 gallon plastic jars with screw top lids with small air holes in the lid are what I use.

Telsaro

Arachnopeon
In fact if you google Scolopendra subspinipes, pretty much half the results you get will be dehaani.
Actually, now that I really look at her I am confident she is not a dehanni and is in fact a subspinipes. From my research, the distiguishing feature between a dehaani and a subspinipes is that the subspinipes has spines on the ventral surface of the terminal legs (my girl does), and the dehaani doesn't.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Absolutely. In Monigle's book on centipedes, he advocates using tall, twice the height of the centipede type enclosures. The screw top lid they won't be getting out of. Online or restaurant supply stores have all types of these type jar and I've used food saver and Sterilite tight sealing type containers as well with holes burned in the lid.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Actually, now that I really look at her I am confident she is not a dehanni and is in fact a subspinipes. From my research, the distiguishing feature between a dehaani and a subspinipes is that the subspinipes has spines on the ventral surface of the terminal legs (my girl does), and the dehaani doesn't.
I assure you, it's a dehaani. Aside from morphological features which are really quite similar, there are no subspinipes colour forms that resemble the yellow legged dehaani.