Hisser photo.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Nice pict

I started with 3 adult species of them and know i've got about 50big ones and about 100 small ones, I guess the one your holding is a male, is it a fact that females get bigger????

greetz

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Usually the females are bigger, but occasionally my culture produces whopper males that rival the females in sizes.

Wade

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
In my culture the males also seem to be about as large as the females, i espacially like the males because of their little horns,...

greetz

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Nice Hisser!!!

For me most of the time females are a bit larger than males. I do got some males that are larger than the female. I got one male larger than the one your holding, I think.. Called him Big Daddy, cause he was my first with another female. Came preg and I soon had like 50++ roaches.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Heh, good timing on this thread. I just experienced the first material benefit of working for the entomology department: a free starter colony of hissers. I got like 5 big males, 6 or 7 giant females, at least a 3rd of which are gravid, and some small nymphs thrown in for good measure.

I set them up in a nice aquarium on my computer desk with a lot of cork bark. I'm now playing a game: how long before my wife notices and threatens to hang me by my balls (again :))?

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I set them up in a nice aquarium on my computer desk with a lot of cork bark. I'm now playing a game: how long before my wife notices and threatens to hang me by my balls (again :))? [/B][/QUOTE]

Tell her to leave your nuts alone!!!

Yea my girlfriend screams at me all the time. So does my mom. I got a good screaming last last Tuesday for bringing home 132 African Giant Millipedes. I wonder why? :?

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by gongyles
:eek:
al adults ???

greetz
1/4th are adults, the rest are juvs or babies. Little breeding project this guy and I have.

=D

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey

I set them up in a nice aquarium on my computer desk with a lot of cork bark. I'm now playing a game: how long before my wife notices and threatens to hang me by my balls (again :))?
LMFAO, yeah bro i know how that feels my mom and gf go crazy there like those kill peopel did you know that(they are refering to my T's and a few of my flat rock scorps) some people just dont get it i guess

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My mom is like "ACK!!!! Get them away from me! What the heck are they?!? Get them out of the house now or i'm calling your dad!"

Dad comes "Omg, what the crap are those? Have you gone out of your mind, your raising giant worms for pets? Who wanna buy them, I wouldn't get them if someone gave them to me."

Little Sister...doesn't say anything cause she'll faint on contact.

GirlFriend "I need a normal boyfriend."

Me "Sticking the middle finger up" ;P ;P

Bean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had no idea that hissers could be so fun. I'm guessing I'm a year away from feeding regularly out of my colony.

G. portentosa (Freshly molted)

1.0 G. portentosa

This is one of the two "alpha" males in the colony. Anyone have a pic who beats him? Oldhag? ;) I'm really curious to see how big they will get.

morda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is mine adult female.
Now I don't have any hisser colony (only B. fusca and P. nivea). But I need to get some hissers - they are one of the best roaches! Ssssss.... {D

Attachments

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Has anyone photos of other Gromphadorhina species?
In Poland we have only G. prtentosa.

morda - I send you e-mail! Check it :D

Bean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dark Raptor said:
Ok. You wanted this! :D :D :D
This one will defeat every alpha male in the future :D
I always want great photos like that! Thanks!

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
roches rock!!!!!!

wow nice molting pics dude!!!! my familly dont mind about me keeping hissers my mum likes them but my bro would dide if he touched 1 what a wussy lol!!i love haveing my cockroaches they rock!!!!!!!!!! and are sooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dark Raptor said:
Has anyone photos of other Gromphadorhina species?
In Poland we have only G. prtentosa.

morda - I send you e-mail! Check it :D
i think in england we only have g prtntosa i dont think that we have any others..... :D

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
r u meant to have plants in the cage with hissers???(i would put on some pics off my hissers but i dont have a digi camera so i cant lol!)