Hidey hole thread!

WheelbarrowTim

Arachnopeon
I love getting to see all the ways that spiders decorate their hides. Post your hidey hole pics! Here is Scary Terry (G Acteon(?)) in her egg carton hide.

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I love getting to see all the ways that spiders decorate their hides. Post your hidey hole pics! Here is Scary Terry (G Acteon(?)) in her egg carton hide.
Egg crates as a hide?? Not ideal for a hide since it can mold quite quickly and isn't ideal for a T.

WheelbarrowTim

Arachnopeon
Egg crates as a hide?? Not ideal for a hide since it can mold quite quickly and isn't ideal for a T.
I had read online that the shape of them is good for them to build up their web on to surround their burrow. I keep a very low moisture enclosure and I regularly check for mold. What would you recommend to replace the egg cartons?

WheelbarrowTim

Arachnopeon
@Liquifin after you expressed your concerns I started rumaging to see what I had to make a more suitable hide. I found a container for cricket cubes and cleaned it out several times to be safe. I buried it most of the way and filled it partially with substrate and web mats from her old hide. She went right in and seems to love it. What do you think?

Attachments