hey

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey...I've been browsing these boards and am pleased to find so much info on T's as I'm quite new to the T world and a novice to the hobby.I've done quite a bit of research on them and setup prior to purchasing my T's...hopefully to their requirements.I just recently over the past month aquired the following T's
Mexican Blonde-aphonopelma chalcodes(spiderling)
Chilean Rose-grammostola gala (adult/f)
Tiger Rump-cyclosternum fasciatum (juvenile/f??)
Orange Bottle Blue-chromatopelma cyaneopubescens(juvenile/f??)
Cobalt Blue-haplopelma lividum (spiderling)
Brazilian whiteKnee-acanthoscurria geniculata (adult/f)
Zebra Knee-aphonopelma seemani (adult/f)
Mexican Redrump-brachypelma vagans (adult/f)
Avicular Versicolor (juvenile/f??)
Having spent a few bucks..lol...I'm quite happy with my T's and setup.I built a T room in my basement so I can regulate temps and humidity.All are housed in 10 gallon aquariums,except for spiderlings who are housed still in delicups with vermiculite.I'll be looking forward to coming here for info to help me and my T's along..as I'm sure to encounter some instances where I'll be needing some advice.....and lots of it..lol.....peace....

Last edited:

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Welcome.

Hey there. That's quite a starter collection. This forum is a great source of information and a valuable resource to all invert enthusiasts.:)

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
snoochie-boochies! wow! Thats a collection! Hope you have fun here!

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cobalt Blue-haplopelma lividum (spiderling)

You brave person you. I own a sub-adult and Luci can be quite a handful. I'd find a H. lividum sling to be inconceivably difficult to take care of.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the welcome all.Hey Godzilla...that's why I got the H.lividum as a spiderling..lol..I read and heard a lot on them...being nasty and difficult.No way would I have gotten an adult or even a juvey..lol..Hopefully rearing from spiderling I get to know him/her quite well...basically his/her do's,don'ts...And hopefully not the hard way..lol...I figure she/he will probably be the most difficult rearing/keeping and the most interesting/entertaining(is entertaining a good description?..lol).Hopefully there will be no future posts..."My H.lividum is outta control...someone please come and get it!!"...lmao...Time will tell ...peace...

Last edited:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by pelo
Thanks for the welcome all :) .Hey Godzilla...that's why I got the H.lividum as a spiderling..lol..I read and heard a lot on them...being nasty and difficult.No way would I have gotten an adult or even a juvey..lol..Hopefully rearing from spiderling I get to know him/her quite well...basically his/her do's,don'ts...And hopefully not the hard way..lol...I figure she/he will probably be the most difficult rearing/keeping and the most interesting/entertaining(is entertaining a good description?..lol).Hopefully there will be no future posts..."My H.lividum is outta control...someone please come and get it!!"...lmao...Time will tell ;) ...peace...
I salute you for having the bravery to raise a Cobalt period. My Luci can be quite a diva sometimes. But if you ask me, I think the Cobalt's reputation, as well as most aggressive spiders' reputations, is quite over amplified. I have yet to be bitten by one of my "aggressive" spiders. I've been attacked more by my supposedly docile New World Tarantulas more than anything.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow,
Sounds like you jumped in with both feet. Welcome and good luck with your great collection.:)

Ernie

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Dive right in!!!

Pelo-

Quite a set of cajones you got there to take a crack at a lividum. Welcome to AP, bro!

Peace

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We got our cobalt from the local pet store. (rescued is a better description) We knew what she was and what we were getting ourselves into before we bought her, but we feel equiped so we went in to get her.

We told the pet store guy what we wanted and he brings her out in the small pet pal they keep them in. He sets it down, reaches in, and starts prodding her in the abdomen, talking about how docile they are, and what a great beginer spider they are. LOL In his defense, he did "warn us" about how fast she is.

Some people just know it all, poor fellow.

Ali

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmmm....perhaps next they will be selling 'The Stromatopelma Starter Pack: Perfect for Young, Careless Children And Their Clueless Parents.'

Adrian

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome!!!! You have a nice little collection started already!! Soon, you'll be getting more and more!!

Andy