Genus Heterothele

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry about the bad quality of the photo, but this is the best my camera could get of such tiny slings with out destroying the web. These are Heterothele gabonensis.

bahid

Arachnopeon
Very nice Martin:D
Do these guys have a similar temperament as the H Villosella?
They look like a very cool species.
I would like to know more:): what about their temperament/speed/venom? Are they similar in these aspects to other african species or maybe they are closer to Holothele?

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ok so back on the first page theres a discussion of average adult size of H. villosella. Does anyone have a good idea as to how big these T's get? I'm looking for DLS not body size. Thanks to anyone who can give me the info im requesting.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a mature female with a DLS of around 2.5 to 2.75 of an inch. not very large. my H. incei female is just a tad bigger. maybe 3.25 of an inch...give or take.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a mature female with a DLS of around 2.5 to 2.75 of an inch. not very large. my H. incei female is just a tad bigger. maybe 3.25 of an inch...give or take.
holothele isnt the same genus as heterothele. So you have a Heterothele villosella that is 2.5"ish?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
holothele isnt the same genus as heterothele. So you have a Heterothele villosella that is 2.5"ish?
never said the were the same genus. I used H. incei as a size reference....:rolleyes:

and yes...I answered the question...My Heterothele villosella mataure female is around 2.5 to 2.75 inches DLS.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
never said the were the same genus. I used H. incei as a size reference....:rolleyes:

and yes...I answered the question...My Heterothele villosella mataure female is around 2.5 to 2.75 inches DLS.
haha, oh yeah. sorry. sweet. well i will hope to prepare a breeding then and make more of these fun little dwarf baboons. YAY!

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As soon as I get my male to mature I will be trying my hand at this as well.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As soon as I get my male to mature I will be trying my hand at this as well.
im slightly afraid my female wont be ready when my male is. hes just over an inch right now and the female i have is only a tiny bit bigger. maybe 1.5" :(

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They can breed at a much smaller size than you think. again for reference. I bred my H. incei female when she was 1.75 inches. the male dwarfed her. she made a perfect sac...was a great mother and I got 40 slings. while the sac will be smaller than a fully mature female its still ok to pair them.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They can breed at a much smaller size than you think. again for reference. I bred my H. incei female when she was 1.75 inches. the male dwarfed her. she made a perfect sac...was a great mother and I got 40 slings. while the sac will be smaller than a fully mature female its still ok to pair them.
worth a shot, im hoping she will get a bit bigger before the male matures. does the male mature small? cuz hes just over an inch now, so if hes got a bit of time left then i can try to get some size on her before hes ready.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've had female H.villosella produce sacs at 1''. Sometimes the male was the same size, if not larger than the female.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
She is being very shy:D

Heterothele gabonensis

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

A better shot
Heterothele gabonensis

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Horrible pic of my Heterothele gabonensis social tank. 5 adult females and about 10-30 spiderlings/juveniles (too hard to locate and count).

I need a better camera...

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is being very shy:D

Heterothele gabonensis

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

A better shot
Heterothele gabonensis

Horrible pic of my Heterothele gabonensis social tank. 5 adult females and about 10-30 spiderlings/juveniles (too hard to locate and count).

I need a better camera...
Hate you.....and Hate you too! lmao ;)

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

so on a serious note...i bred my female (roughly 2" DLS) with a male of same size on 04/13/11, and on 05/03/11 she laid a sack, its now been 15 days and shes riding it out like a champ. Im hoping for the best but i obviously dont count chickens before they hatch. updates soon(ish).