Genus Heterothele

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am always wondering why we do not hear much about those... they are so amazing, for me the most facinating African species. But of course they are dwarfs, I guess that is one reason why I like them so much! Nevertheless, they are highly entertaining to observe, fierce killing machines!

Anyone else keep these... unfortunatly, I produced two eggsacs that were bad last year and then my female died:mad: Hopefully I will have more luck this year...

Martin

Attachments

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Martin, produce some slings so I can afford some :D :D

ONE OW species I do want...
Mori

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah these are great :) And yes, they are not talked about enough
I saw one at a friends a while ago.. I think its the first one I have seen, and needless to say, I want one ;)

how big do they get? ~8cm(3,5in)?

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bearo said:
yeah these are great :) And yes, they are not talked about enough
I saw one at a friends a while ago.. I think its the first one I have seen, and needless to say, I want one ;)

how big do they get? ~8cm(3,5in)?
I think my biggest female was about 4cm legspan streched... but I am not very good at evaluating sizes! Not sure if they get bigger though, I have not seen enough full grown specimens to make a decent average...

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
tarcan said:
I think my biggest female was about 4cm legspan streched... but I am not very good at evaluating sizes! Not sure if they get bigger though, I have not seen enough full grown specimens to make a decent average...
4cm i legspan? you must mean 4in?
the one I saw didnt look adult and it was about 6cm (if i remember it right)
I'm gonna see if I find some info about this

Was the female "agresive" while mating?

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, I really meant 4 cm, I guess really streched, 5 cm... but as I said, I have a tendency to estimate the spiders smaller, at least that is what people tell me when they get spiders from me...

No, the female was not agressive, but it took forever, I watched the courtship for over an hour and got fed up, just left them together for the night and the next morning removed the male... they have a very intricate mating courtship, but I lack the patience to fully observe it I guess! LOL

Martin

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello,

just did some pics last weekend:

Female:

Male:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I cant beleive I missed some of the sac you produces Martin ... I guess we learn from our mistake!

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kirdec said:
I cant beleive I missed some of the sac you produces Martin ... I guess we learn from our mistake!
:? in my first post I mention that the 2 eggsacs were bad, I never successfully bred that species. I mated them, got eggsacs and they were bad...

jwasted

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow she looks like a good mother lol. Hope you get little ones. Nice pics guys!

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
tarcan said:
:? in my first post I mention that the 2 eggsacs were bad, I never successfully bred that species. I mated them, got eggsacs and they were bad...

ahhhh .... ok, I tought those you were selling were from one of your sac, and I tought u had 3 sac or something ... excuse my wonderfull english

Last edited:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
very nice pics!dont think ive ever even seen these pictured before.beautiful t's

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here are a few new pictures... 2 eggsacs so far and two other females to go...

female

mature male

mating

eggsac:D

Take care

Martin

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

nice pictrues Martin.

communal feeding Heterothele villosella spiderlings:

JonathanF

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Heterothele villosella, I am 90% sure it's a female- last molt was abit torn up but I'm almost sure I've seen the flaps over there and her dorsal looks female-ish... It's about 5CM (2 inches) in legspan...

During premolt:

And postmolt: