Help me save my P. subfusca and E. murinus!!!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know. I don't know how to delete PM's in this new software.
U select the conversation and click "leave conversation"

So there is no general consensus here it seems on what to do... I'm still hoping for a recovery, but since she hasn't improved even slightly in a week and a half, I'm wondering is she's too far gone.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
It's her saying she opens her mouth for water when she opens the ICU that would keep me tending her till she either recovered or passed on her own. That's just me tho, and I've freely admitted I get way to emotionally invested in these animals.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know. I don't know how to delete PM's in this new software.
@Poec54

Click on the inbox so you see all the messages
2. Click on each white box to the left
3. Let your cursor hover over one of the checked messages, and a mini menu will appear automatically
3. In the mini menu select "leave conversation"
4. I believe the rest after that you'll be able to figure out.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's her saying she opens her mouth for water when she opens the ICU that would keep me tending her till she either recovered or passed on her own. That's just me tho, and I've freely admitted I get way to emotionally invested in these animals.
Exactly, if she didn't respond at all I would prob feel a little differently but she definitely seems semi aware. I wonder if Charles E. Griswold is actually
Going to email me back for somethjng so trivial lol

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Exactly, if she didn't respond at all I would prob feel a little differently but she definitely seems semi aware. I wonder if Charles E. Griswold is actually
Going to email me back for somethjng so trivial lol
We'll cross our fingers that he does. And it's not trivial. Not to you or to her.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We'll cross our fingers that he does. And it's not trivial. Not to you or to her.
Awe, you're so sweet! Thanks for being one of my cheerleaders through all this. I need support, and you all have been so kind to me. Thank you xo, tho I'm not going hold my breath that Charles will write me back, that's why I'm relying on you guys for ideas, experiences, and love. <3

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Pouring all I've got out to you and your girls <3
sincerely wish I had something constructive to add that might help.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Now I need to make the difficult decision whether to "end her suffering" or keep trying... All suggestions welcome!!!
Whatever decision you decide, you can be at peace with yourself that you did your best. You have put forth plenty of effort well beyond what would be called reasonable.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Your doing a great job sweets. Keep trying if that's what your heart tells you. I would do the same you know I would. Sending lots of love your way. Big giant hug!!!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So Charles e. Griswold emailed me back:
"
Dear Jeni,

I just received your message. I think that you are doing everything that can be done. The "cricket soup" option should be tried before you let her go. You and the people on the online tarantula forum called "Arachnoboards"really have more experience than I do keeping live tarantulas, and I can't improve on their advice. I am really not much of a tarantula expert.

I'm sorry to hear that the specimen was packed as it was. Was this a sale? If so, the seller should have done better.

Good luck"

Turns out he's actually a jumping spider expert - not a tarantula one.
Either way I'm very happy he took the time out to respond!

So here's our patient today:

image.jpeg

Not much progress. I did notice that by her spinnerets there was a "nub" (for lack of a better word, since I'm not an anatomy expert) on the left side, but not the right. Here's a close up, if u all can even tell:

image.jpeg
You may have to zoom in. Not quite sure what's going on there, but I'm sure it's the least of her troubles. Just wanted to point it out. She is still able to web, as I used a q-tip to clean poop of her spinnerets and ended up with a few silky strands when I pulled the q-tip away.

cold blood

Staff member
With the close up view of the abdomen, its really dark, it almost looks like its about to molt....perhaps it tried and what you are dealing with is a failure to break the carapace and therefore, a t stuck inside its old exoskeleton....just a thought anyway. Hot, dry conditions would certainly not be the best conditions to be forced to molt in.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
With the close up view of the abdomen, its really dark, it almost looks like its about to molt....perhaps it tried and what you are dealing with is a failure to break the carapace and therefore, a t stuck inside its old exoskeleton....just a thought anyway. Hot, dry conditions would certainly not be the best conditions to be forced to molt in.
You think?? I hadn't thought of that, except that her slit (aka tarantula vagina lol) looks to be bulging and is very while, unlike my other female pokies... But who knows. If it was a failed molt, will she die?

cold blood

Staff member
You think?? I hadn't thought of that, except that her slit (aka tarantula vagina lol) looks to be bulging and is very while, unlike my other female pokies... But who knows. If it was a failed molt, will she die?
IF, and that's just speculation, but if that's what happened, there's really no hope.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
So Charles e. Griswold emailed me back:
"
Dear Jeni,

I just received your message. I think that you are doing everything that can be done. The "cricket soup" option should be tried before you let her go. You and the people on the online tarantula forum called "Arachnoboards"really have more experience than I do keeping live tarantulas, and I can't improve on their advice. I am really not much of a tarantula expert.

I'm sorry to hear that the specimen was packed as it was. Was this a sale? If so, the seller should have done better.

Good luck"

Turns out he's actually a jumping spider expert - not a tarantula one.
Either way I'm very happy he took the time out to respond!

So here's our patient today:

View attachment 217543

Not much progress. I did notice that by her spinnerets there was a "nub" (for lack of a better word, since I'm not an anatomy expert) on the left side, but not the right. Here's a close up, if u all can even tell:

View attachment 217544
You may have to zoom in. Not quite sure what's going on there, but I'm sure it's the least of her troubles. Just wanted to point it out. She is still able to web, as I used a q-tip to clean poop of her spinnerets and ended up with a few silky strands when I pulled the q-tip away.
Do the cricket soup. I hope with all my heart it helps by giving her strength. And by making her strong and bitey :vamp:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I THOUGHT of that, too, cb!! That she looked leathery and dark. But I don't know her regular coloring. Can she be helped to molt?