Heat mat help please

david booth

Arachnosquire
i read a few posts how they are bad for scorps. since you cant regulate the heat it gives off it can malfunction and burn your invert.
as for tarantulas, they are plainly terrible in every possible way. mats are more popular in Europe, not very much on the states.
OK pal thanks for the advice, I'm In the UK and mats are popular here to be fair. Plus my tank would need adapting to accept a ceramic lamp. Or any bulb socket In that case. I don't have and turantulas but I'd love some.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Thanks alot pal, I really appreciate it
Sorry again about all the questions.
Not a problem. It's what forums are for. I've asked my fair share of questions in the past and will continue to ask them in the future.

basin79

ArachnoGod
by stated, im assuming you mean it has a temp gauge thing that keeps it from overheating?
Yes. A mat stat. You plug the mat into it and the stat has a temp probe and a temp gauge. Once the probe hits the desired temp the mat gets knocked off.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Yes. A mat stat. You plug the mat into it and the stat has a temp probe and a temp gauge. Once the probe hits the desired temp the mat gets knocked off.
Yeah, that'd be fine for one maybe two spiders. I much prefer space heaters.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
This is a mat stat venom, I don't use one at the moment but I bet they're pretty useful. Kemodo do a massive range of accessories In the UK
if your rooms below 70 and you have one arachnid, and dont plan on getting more, a heat mat with that thing is a good option.

david booth

Arachnosquire
W
I

have two hadrurus arizonensis, one male and one female, one brachypelma albopilosum tarantula, two g.rosea slings and one stromatopelma calceacum juvenile :p
Wow nice. What are you getting next?? I'm looking at turantulas now

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@david booth The heat mat should not be underneath the enclosure since they will burrow down and cook.

They need several inches of the appropriate substrate within which to burrow and dig. Your enclosure appears to be pretty good although it could use a little more substrate. Given that it is so large they would construct some monster tunnel systems in there.

david booth

Arachnosquire
@david booth The heat mat should not be underneath the enclosure since they will burrow down and cook.

They need several inches of the appropriate substrate within which to burrow and dig. Your enclosure appears to be pretty good although it could use a little more substrate. Given that it is so large they would construct some monster tunnel systems in there.
Thanks dude, appreciate the Info. Do you keep scorps?? Thanks for compliment on the tank. When I get some lighting I'll take better photos. The sub I'm using is a coco soil mix that comes ready in a bag from my friend pet shop. I keep meaning to buy a "coco brick" that you just drop In a bucket with some water. I've moved the mats onto the sides and Now Im getting a steady 29c that's about 85f I think. So thats better. It would be great for them to have there own tunnel network although it would suck as id never see them lol. It its better for them.Thanks again to everyone who's answered my questions and given advice. You guys are awesome