Harpactira Pulchripes Bite ? Extremely bad ?

Dannica

Arachnosquire
I’d advise not petting the tarantula, it’s easy to get bit. If you got one that’s aggressive most of my old worlders are more skittish .
My nhando chromatus are just as angry usually as my obt. had many threats from this species my males have been exceptional mad.
Means leave me alone haha, that’s how most all adult baboons act.
All dependable on then specimen my L klugi is docile his was mean.
Different T different personalities, but a docile T when provoked will bite . They get mood swings even .:punch:
Since this thread is over a year old, and the user hasn’t been seen since September of 2017, I have a feeling they probably figured it out by now.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Since this thread is over a year old, and the user hasn’t been seen since September of 2017, I have a feeling they probably figured it out by now.
Another zombie thread? R.I.P. op vanished

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
Does anyone have any reports of "teleportation" in regards to H. pulchripes? Or of one running up the tongs and onto the keeper's body?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does anyone have any reports of "teleportation" in regards to H. pulchripes? Or of one running up the tongs and onto the keeper's body?
It’s an OW, it’s a fast species.

All Ts can run up tongs and onto a person- this is why we don’t recommend them in proximity to the T

From NW to OW it happens all the time

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
I heard somewhere on Y.Tube the "Golden Blue Foot Baboon" had a horrible bite with sickness and pain for over a week ? Hopefully someone can tell me something different cause otherwise theyre rather awesome looking and apparently docile !
the venom i dont know about, docile you wont know until you have one of your own i have had two ts total opposite of what everyone said they were like

4tsinandgrowing

Arachnopeon
Thanks ... Got my first 2 Caribena Versicolor slings this Sunday. Already came acrosse those vids and am thinking of getting the first on the list Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens soon ! Think ill try and avoid venomous ones despite the temptation of a H.Pulchripes.
I got a free h. Pulchripes sling with a p metallica verified female I glances and thought I read g pulchripes I had it crawling around on me... a few months later it has already grown bigger than my hamorii sling that's a year and some change... mines temperament is chill so long as i respect it no ground slapping threat poses it always retreats.

It’s an OW, it’s a fast species.

All Ts can run up tongs and onto a person- this is why we don’t recommend them in proximity to the T

From NW to OW it happens all the time
Mine is chill.... my p metallica female is a whole different story... to fix it I put a clear gas station soda lid on my tongs and she stops at that

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mine is chill.... my p metallica female is a whole different story... to fix it I put a clear gas station soda lid on my tongs and she stops at that
They are all calm until they aren’t 🙄

good luck with that husbandry 🙄

Last edited:

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
Any spider of Harpactirinae has potent venom. They are not docile either.

So yes a bite would be just as nasty as any other old world species.
Mine’s kinda skittish but certainly not defensive yet. But it’s still a sling.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Shows they are searching the threads first. Thought you’d be happy about that, lol. Ya don’t come across a 2017 thread on H pulchripes bites without searching for it. ;-}
Agreed - I’m always amazed how old threads resurface by almost everyone, myself included 😉

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Shows they are searching the threads first. Thought you’d be happy about that, lol. Ya don’t come across a 2017 thread on H pulchripes bites without searching for it. ;-}
I mean, Im always happy that someone actually searches and things get drudged up from the depths! Sometimes people aren't happy when old threads resurface, but as you point out, it means someones doing what we all recommend over and over again!

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Yes! To me, posting off an old thread says, “I read all of this, but I still have a question (comment, concern, etc).”

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It does hurt your soul though when you read through every single thread in the forum containing the keyword you're looking for, and you finally find a thread from 2006 asking the exact same question... And no one replied to it 😂😂

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
It does hurt your soul though when you read through every single thread in the forum containing the keyword you're looking for, and you finally find a thread from 2006 asking the exact same question... And no one replied to it 😂😂
Hopefully, almost 20 years later, someone will finally have the answer, lol

mealworm

Arachnopeon
I want to thank all of you that say " have you searched the boards". I have yet to ask you guys and gals a question because I have found an answer to every question I've had!!!!!! Thanks all!!

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
This was the most frustrating thing for me way before I even made an account. I was/am thirsting for knowledge and information had changed or something. Not that my journey on here has been in vain. Some of the people I've been able to connect with regarding the species I have and love has been fantastic.

Lowkey57

Arachnopeon
I heard somewhere on Y.Tube the "Golden Blue Foot Baboon" had a horrible bite with sickness and pain for over a week ? Hopefully someone can tell me something different cause otherwise theyre rather awesome looking and apparently docile !
They are *not* docile. Mine is the size of my thumb and it threat poses as much as my OBT.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
They are *not* docile. Mine is the size of my thumb and it threat poses as much as my OBT.
I found with mine that changing the enclosure made a world of difference. When she was in a smaller container where the whole container was her immediate lair, anything, even my voice bouncing off the wall beside her made her threat pose. I nicknamed her, Her Crankiness. She’s in a larger enclosure now and has made an impressive turret and burrow in the center of it and ventures out to the outer world. And zero threat poses now.