H. incei surprise

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't take out the mom inless you want to. They will be fine. They are one of the only species who are comunal.

Oh, and will you be selling any?

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer

I'm gonna take the female out as advised by Abraxas to do it on the 2nd or 3rd week.

I wouldn't take out the mom inless you want to. They will be fine. They are one of the only species who are comunal.
Abraxas is one of the most experienced users when it comes to tarantula communal setups on the boards. I'd take his advice.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow your ts must like you or your just that good congrats on the batches
haha I guess it was just their time. They matured together with the male inside my communal set-up. Thanks, btw.

Oh, and will you be selling any?
As a matter of fact, I am. I have posted them onto the Philippine forums.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Abraxas is one of the most experienced users when it comes to tarantula communal setups on the boards. I'd take his advice.

Actually we're both right. ;)

The mother is fine with the spiderlings for extended periods or placed into another container. I keep females with their young for months, sometimes up until adulthood (sometimes past that), but if I have a solitary female I sometimes remove her from the first batch since they tend to double clutch.

While siblings from various batches will not harm each other, I find the larger ones tend to out compete the younger batch and the second group of sac mates does not tend to grow as fast. This is my only reason for removing the female, to keep different batches healthy and well fed.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@abraxas - i noticed something one night. I thought mom started feeding on her young. I opened the lid to check. Mom ran and droppex a molting sling which she was carrying all along. Was she protecting it or something? Have you observed this?

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@abraxas - i noticed something one night. I thought mom started feeding on her young. I opened the lid to check. Mom ran and droppex a molting sling which she was carrying all along. Was she protecting it or something? Have you observed this?

That's a new one for me. She had not inserted her fangs? I've seen young travel underneath or on a moving adult. I have not witnessed what you have.

Every now and then a mother will consume a spiderling or two. It happens, but not that often or at all with some females.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's a new one for me. She had not inserted her fangs? I've seen young travel underneath or on a moving adult. I have not witnessed what you have.

Every now and then a mother will consume a spiderling or two. It happens, but not that often or at all with some females.
Well, I got to separate the second batch. Counted 81 in all. Thank you for your guiding me through this first and second incei sacs.