H. incei surprise

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They do hatch fast. :)

Keep them with the mother and prekill a large prey item for her and a large prey item for the slings as soon as they gain dark colouration on their body. She'll usually take one of the prey items to the slings or allows them to feed on it while she is. Even when she no longer feeds them she can still be housed with them as long as they are all well fed. They'll stay in her burrow for some time.
Really, you've been of big big help. I put a live adult male lateralis in there last night. he's still crawling this morning. I can't find the opening of her burrow. I'm afraid maggots and mites will infest the bin if I left an unconsumed dead prey there.

Is that ok? I just leave the lateralis crawling and wait for the mommy to kill?

Again, thanks in advance.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yah you can. I just prekill items since I have seen crickets snacking on scorplings I had in a multi-generational tank.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yah you can. I just prekill items since I have seen crickets snacking on scorplings I had in a multi-generational tank.
Ok great. Is it ok for me to check the container every now and then? I'm so excited, that's why.

When do I take the mommy out?

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can actually keep them together for months, but if you want to take her out you can do so around the 3-4 week mark. At my room temperature that is when the spiderlings usually start spreading out and venturing on their own from the burrow.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the successfull hatch. Definitely an awesome surprise!

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats on the successfull hatch. Definitely an awesome surprise!
Thanks. Indeed a very welcome one.

You can actually keep them together for months, but if you want to take her out you can do so around the 3-4 week mark. At my room temperature that is when the spiderlings usually start spreading out and venturing on their own from the burrow.
Thanks, man. I live in the Philippines and its warmer in here at around 28-32 C. I would assume that they will molt out to 1-2 instars faster?

Well, I checked on them again this morning before I went to work. I believe they're doing ok. Just that the babies are still white. Think I sould wait for them to turn darker, huh.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is awsome news man!...good luck with your new communal!

...just thought id say congrats!

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Another Question:

What are the chances of this species eating their young? Has anyone ever had a bad experience before?

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's another great surprise. My bigger female, who I thought was pregnant coming from the communal set-up molted last December. I had no idea she was also pregnant at that time!

She buried herself for more than a month. I thought she's dead by now but when I checked on her tonight, she made an opening on one side.

Guess what I found.... babies!!! Now I have two batches of H. incei babies to take care of!

Now this is what I call double trouble... haha

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The babies started coming out... They have been eating pre-killed adult lateralis roaches together with mommy...

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Bosing how many is the final tally? Thats one specie I know is also good to work on coz u wont spend so much time segregating the slings. Lol.. But congrats again! Good job!

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Elithial

Arachnopeon
Aww! Congrats on all the little spiderlings! Too bad we can't tickle spider feet when they're so cute :p

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks guys! really happy. People tell me to remove the mom already.

I'm gonna take the female out as advised by Abraxas to do it on the 2nd or 3rd week.

afs rock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow your ts must like you or your just that good congrats on the batches