Guess that spider Pt. 2

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Lol of course because I didn't actually say. Just to be clear, I mean described by von Wirth, not named after von Wirth (as naming a species after yourself is no longer accepted).
Yes, in that case you're onto something!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Lol of course because I didn't actually say. Just to be clear, I mean described by von Wirth, not named after von Wirth (as naming a species after yourself is no longer accepted).
WHAT?!?! That's it, I'm ending all of my taxonomic research now. If I can't name a new species after myself, what's the point?

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
WHAT?!?! That's it, I'm ending all of my taxonomic research now. If I can't name a new species after myself, what's the point?
It's more quid pro quo, basically I'll name a spider after you if you name one after me ;) . You can thank early naturalists like Georg Stellar for that lmao (Stellar's jay, Stellar's Sea Cow, Stellar's Sculpin, etc).

O. sp Vietnam Highland?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
It's more quid pro quo, basically I'll name a spider after you if you name one after me ;) . You can thank early naturalists like Georg Stellar for that lmao (Stellar's jay, Stellar's Sea Cow, Stellar's Sculpin, etc).
OK, I'll keep that in mind. When I discover a new species I'll call it "l4nsky's Whatchamacallit", then you can name one after me, LOL...

O. sp Vietnam Highland?
Nope. Asian, but not an Ornithoctoninae...

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Well that pretty much just leaves Selenocosmiinae spp... Just now branching into that subfamily, so don't have too much experience to go off of. Doesn't really look like Chilobrachys spp or Orphnaecus spp IMO, but that's not saying much lol.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Here's another pic of her:
P9030018.JPG

I am going to sleep now!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Psednocnemis brachyramosa
Correct. It was initially classified as Coremiocnemis brachyramosa by West and Nunn in 2010, then changed to Psednocnemis brachyramosa in 2012 by West, Nunn, and Hogg. She isn't full grown yet, but at 2.25" she's about 3/4 of the way there. Your turn again!

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
You can thank early naturalists like Georg Stellar for that lmao (Stellar's jay, Stellar's Sea Cow, Stellar's Sculpin, etc).
The really tragicomic part about this is that most of the species he discovered and that were named after him are endangered or extinct courtesy of Steller's Curse (but really human impact in general), with the Steller's jay being the exception....