Guess that spider Pt. 2

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
That's cool. So what do you think is adult size for these - 5" DLS?
Probably 5" - 5.5" DLS if I had to guess. Male matured around 4.25" and the female was receptive at the same size. Definently on the larger side to be considered a "dwarf"

I have no idea so I'm letting someone else take a guess. Might be able to narrow it down once some hits go off. 😆
I mean, you get three chances lol. It's an obligate fossorial if that helps narrow it down lol.

Ok, it looks silver to me, how about Ornithoctoninae sp. “Vietnam Silver”?
Nope. Good guess, but these are actually a Thai species.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis?

I thought about getting one the other day.
Lol very, VERY close. Some people think it might end up being a dark color form of O. aureotibialis, but from the spermatheca comparison I've seen, I'm rather doubtful.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
O. sp. Ranong blue. You mentioned that you thought they were too big to be considered dwarves, but I see them being called dwarves all over the place. Is there a large and small variant that you know of?

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
O. sp. Ranong blue. You mentioned that you thought they were too big to be considered dwarves, but I see them being called dwarves all over the place. Is there a large and small variant that you know of?
Winner, winner. AFAIK, there isn't a large and small variant, but they are a smaller species. Dwarf is a subjective term though and tends to also be a buzzword to drive sales and up the price. I got my 0.1 for $140 as a WC import @ 3" DLS. I saw sling prices the other day and had sticker shock lol. Guess it's just supply and demand.....

Anyways, your go.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Winner, winner. AFAIK, there isn't a large and small variant, but they are a smaller species. Dwarf is a subjective term though and tends to also be a buzzword to drive sales and up the price. I got my 0.1 for $140 as a WC import @ 3" DLS. I saw sling prices the other day and had sticker shock lol. Guess it's just supply and demand.....

Anyways, your go.
Sling prices are pretty high, although I got a good deal on my trio. They're growing well, but are still pretty small, so not surprising they don't get huge.

I want to pass my turn to @Ultum4Spiderz - he's been itching to play. Ultum - your turn to post one and we'll try to guess what it is.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Sling prices are pretty high, although I got a good deal on my trio. They're growing well, but are still pretty small, so not surprising they don't get huge.

I want to pass my turn to @Ultum4Spiderz - he's been itching to play. Ultum - your turn to post one and we'll try to guess what it is.
thanks!!!
Here’s one I’ve been trying to id for years let the experts figure it out.
7”-8” I think but the body size is huge almost 4”. IMG_4147.jpeg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
thanks!!!
Here’s one I’ve been trying to id for years let the experts figure it out.
7”-8” I think but the body size is huge almost 4”. View attachment 454720
Well, this thread is for you to know what it is already and everyone else to try to guess... It'll be hard to name a winner if you can't say who made the right guess because you don't know what it is either, 😆. How about we just go with the first person to guess the species that the majority agrees with?

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Well, this thread is for you to know what it is already and everyone else to try to guess... It'll be hard to name a winner if you can't say who made the right guess because you don't know what it is either, 😆. How about we just go with the first person to guess the species that the majority agrees with?
I was stumped for years. It’s One of the larger species.yes I do know which species it is.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Winner 🥇!!! That was quick took me a while to hunt down which one it was. I ordered it as a pink bloom.
Pamphobeteus is a mess genus-wise: I still have issues with which exact locale of P. cf. "antinous" I have (though I do know they're not the real antinous and that they're supposedly not P. sp. "Pucallpa").

Anyways, next spider on the list (this is an older image from months ago, it has been rehoused and has molted once since then)
IMG_7383.jpg

This should be an easy one, unless it turns out it's not what I think it is...which might not be too surprising given recent events.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Pamphobeteus is a mess genus-wise: I still have issues with which exact locale of P. cf. "antinous" I have (though I do know they're not the real antinous and that they're supposedly not P. sp. "Pucallpa").

Anyways, next spider on the list (this is an older image from months ago, it has been rehoused and has molted once since then)
View attachment 454744

This should be an easy one, unless it turns out it's not what I think it is...which might not be too surprising given recent events.
P ornata?