Guess that plant

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Naw, they look cute that way! :) Is there a reason you put them together? Also, are you fertilizing or using Parameridea?

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Naw, they look cute that way! :) Is there a reason you put them together? Also, are you fertilizing or using Parameridea?
Thanks.
I put 3 seeds together in 2 small peat pots. I did not expect that the majority of the seeds would even germinate but I got 5 plants and did not want to take them out of the substrate so I just placed them in larger pots as is.

Not using any fertiliser yet, I will use something like diluted Maxsea fertiliser to foliar fertiliser them once they have grown a bit.
Will have to see once they have grown enough if I can find Pameridea, that would be awesome.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I would be most impressed if you found paramidea. I wonder if you can collect them from the wild (I would usually never advocate wild collection, but if they are more numerous in the wild than Roridula are, it might be fine). How far do you live from the natural habitat of Roridula?

brolloks

Arachnobaron
I would be most impressed if you found paramidea. I wonder if you can collect them from the wild (I would usually never advocate wild collection, but if they are more numerous in the wild than Roridula are, it might be fine). How far do you live from the natural habitat of Roridula?
I have no idea what their population is like in the wild, but I am guessing they are just as rare as the plants they call home.

Stay about 890 miles from their habitat :rofl: So it won't be a casual ride to go and have a quick peek.
I definitely will make a plan and go and see Roridula and a few other Cape plants in their natural habitat. Would be awesome to witness.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Hi everyone,

Thought I would give an update on the plants.

They are all still alive :happy: and have grown a bit!
I have started giving a single plant some diluted water soluble fertiliser high in nitrogen, which I spray onto the leaves. If this single plant does well, then I will fertilise the rest as well.

Here are some photos:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
They're doing great! Glad to see someone growing this plant effectively.

Also jealous of your weather. :p

Benurmanii

Arachnosquire
Looks great! I should look into getting some, but in the US they are kind of hard to come by. I have a friend who actually over-winters his on a windowsill. Like me, he lives in Oregon, so not a lot of direct sun during winter, but it seems to do fine. I have strong lighting for it fortunately.

Only issue is I would wish that I had paramidea to put on them!

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
This would make a very good communal assassin bug enclosure. Keep up the good work!

brolloks

Arachnobaron
@schmiggle
Wow, it's been a while since I posted some photos of them. They have really grown up quite a bit :smug: I really hope they will flower when spring comes.
These are insect death traps! haha

schmiggle

Arachnoking
You really have done an excellent job--they look gorgeous, and they've gotten huge in such a short time! Are you fertilizing them, or did you somehow find capsid bugs?

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Thanks a lot! I am also very pleased with how they have developed. I do Foliar-Fertilization on the pot containing the 3 plants, to try and see if it has any benefit over the plants I don't fertilize, so far it does not seem to have any effect. I use a diluted, water soluble fertilizer high in nitrogen. I also spray it on a lot of my other carnivorous plants. I think the mixture is a little weak though, only 60ppm if I am not mistaken. The next batch will be a bit stronger.