Guess that plant

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@brolloks Speaking as someone who is pretty much limited to growing mold on a shower curtain, that plant is amazing. I've heard how hard they can be to grow. You're sure doing something right.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Thanks everyone. I did not really expect them to grow this well, since they are notorious for stem rot.
I have actually sowed a few more seeds into small peat pots to see if I can germinate a few more plants, and soon I shall have an army of Roridula! :vamp:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Thanks everyone. I did not really expect them to grow this well, since they are notorious for stem rot.
I have actually sowed a few more seeds into small peat pots to see if I can germinate a few more plants, and soon I shall have an army of Roridula! :vamp:
Those bugs won't even know what hit 'em.

I will say, if anyone was going to be able to grow these, it would be someone in South Africa.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm glad they are doing well, but you need to get on getting the assassin bugs that these plants need. :p

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I'm glad they are doing well, but you need to get on getting the assassin bugs that these plants need. :p
While I agree with you, the bugs on these plants are mirid, rather than reduviid (assassin) bugs.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Hi All,

I have got a few new additions!
Looking at the leave structure, I believe these are dentata.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
No doubt about it. Good luck with those--dentata is much nicer, IMO, but also known for being harder (then again, after how well round 1 went, maybe you need a challenge ;) )

brolloks

Arachnobaron
@schmiggle thanks! I actually thought they were going to be gorgonias as the previous seeds that were labeled dentata turned out to be gorgonias.
I planted 8 seeds on the 21st of May and so far 6 of them have germinated.

I also have another new "surprise" plant that germinated recently. Will post some photos soon :D

pirminiamac

Arachnosquire
If you can you should catch the bugs that live on them in the wild. Since all these plants is catch bugs but rely on the little assassin's to do the digesting for them.
It's a symbiotic relationship you can you have one without the other?? It would be brilliant to be able to see this happening, you are lucky!