Genus Grammostola

MsBuzzKill

Caltuckian
image.jpeg Grammostola "labeled sp. maule but suspected concepcion". Lol. Either way, I just think "she" (waiting for a molt to know) is beautiful.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I love your pics (btw, excellent quality) because your T's are always so lovely chubby, well fed :)
These two are actually a bit on the slim side since they both moulted at the beginning of last week (16th for the female and 18th for the male). They are the next on my list to rehouse. I want to feed them both, but I am thinking I better hold off for a few more days. Soft fang issues really freak me out.

cookieisnotawookie

Arachnopeon
Nice enclosure! I too would recommend removing the sponge. Bacteria and other nasty organisms like to dwell on sponges. Other than that beautiful setup!

hypocrite

Arachnopeon
hey! thank you for the feedback i have heard the same thing about sponges. i considered buying some water stones to put in the dish at most - i just got her a few days ago (guessing its a her) before removing the sponge i grace you all with this adorable photo i got when i looked inside her enclosure XD

since i got some feedback here i'd like to ask if anyone has recommendations on misting the tank to keep it humid? how often? how much? etc.

-brand substrate i honestly don't know, i feel pretty crappy not knowing if it could be harmful or not but i got it from a pet store that has a wide selection of Ts and reptiles. any suggestions on that too? (i'll update with an answer after i find out what brand.)

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
hey! thank you for the feedback i have heard the same thing about sponges. i considered buying some water stones to put in the dish at most - i just got her a few days ago (guessing its a her) before removing the sponge i grace you all with this adorable photo i got when i looked inside her enclosure XD

since i got some feedback here i'd like to ask if anyone has recommendations on misting the tank to keep it humid? how often? how much? etc.

-brand substrate i honestly don't know, i feel pretty crappy not knowing if it could be harmful or not but i got it from a pet store that has a wide selection of Ts and reptiles. any suggestions on that too? (i'll update with an answer after i find out what brand.)
No misting needed with this species. They come from a very arid and dry environment. I would change out the substrate for cocoanut fiber or peat moss. The sub you have now looks like mulch which could potentially puncture your Ts abdomen. Also. I wou,d add a lot more substrate once you get a different kind make sure the Space between the sub and the lid of the enclosure is no more than 1.5x the dls(diagonal leg span) of your tarantula. Any ,ore than that and you could risk a fall and an injured or dead tarantula.

Last edited:

hypocrite

Arachnopeon
No misting needed with this species. They come from a very arid and dry environment. I would change out the substrate for cocoanut fiber or peat moss. The sub you have now looks like mulch which could potentially puncture your Ts abdomen. Also. I wou,d add a lot more substrate once you get a different kind make sure the Soave between the sub and the lid of the enclosure is no more than 1.5x the dls(diagonal leg span) of your tarantula. Any ,ore than that and you could risk a fall and an injured or dead tarantula.
thank you again for your replies greatly appreciated and i'll take the advice

SapphireTigress

Arachnopeon
My g.pulchripes "Ninja" piggy always mutilates molt so no idea on sex. Only T although i also keep a lovely false widow lady :)