Genus Grammostola

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Just got a new camera and some macro filters, so I took some new pics of my pets!

Grammostola Pulchripes 0.75 inch sling:

P1000450.jpg

P1000460.jpg

Grammostola Pulchra 1.5 inch sling:

P1000717.jpg

PlaidJaguar

Arachnoknight
Unidentified Grammastola sp., most likely "Concepcion" variety. Petunia is a lovely orangey-pink under natural light, and one of my favorite Ts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393176689.905625.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393176728.870400.jpg

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Unidentified Grammastola sp., most likely "Concepcion" variety. Petunia is a lovely orangey-pink under natural light, and one of my favorite Ts.
yup that looks like a G. sp. Concepcion based on the Metatarsus.. nice Specimen. I hope we can have more of those over here. :)

Odyssey

Arachnopeon
0.1 G. pulchripes (possibly WC)

Mating with biggest male I've ever seen in my life lol (this mating was done only to bring on a moult in the female so they can mate properly before he gets past it)

It worked - the female moulted (photos taken when she was not even dry yet):

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
That male looks in great condition. It should last a while yet. Mine lasted over a year and a half so good luck ;)

Odyssey

Arachnopeon
Thank you ever so much. He matured last September I am told. I had to promise his old owners not to loan him out to anyone else and to hopefully get them a baby (or 100 lol) back so they could have him 'live on'. He's definitely got plenty of time left but we got the female without any history of a moult in a good 18 months (probably longer given her size), so we didn't know how long it would be before she moulted. We knew there was a good chance of her moulting out and have read of others mating up to bring on a moult, so thought it was worth a shot. It worked, and fingers crossed it may have worked with our porteri pair too (she has gone black-skinned since being mated). Now when she's hardened up we can mate them up for the real deal.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
My G pulchrips mangled its molt too :cry:

004.jpg

Got lucky, this G pulchra is a female

001.jpg

Archosaurus

Arachnopeon
Here's a couple pictures of my G. rosea, which on a side note I just discovered is probably a male as opposed to a female, which is disappointing because "she" isn't going to live as long as I thought "she" would. Also, sorry for the pictures' glossiness. I messed around with them in a photo editing software and didn't save the originals.

sweetypie

Arachnoknight
About 2 weeks after the molt, she can still be seen reflecting blue skies off her reflective coat.

G. pulchripes.

P1190299.jpg

P1190305.jpg

P1190342.jpg

P1190338.jpg