Grammostola Love Thread

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I thought that I would post a couple pics from last weekend's "Grammostola Lovefest" that was held at the Michigan Reptile show .

This first pic is of my female G. pulchra with a male belonging to Elizabeth Mule'. Joy Reed is just outside of the pic providing air cover with a wooden spoon in case my female tries to use her weapons of mass destruction , or fangs as some call them.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No need to worry Joy...

This guy was the only one delivering the shocks and awes. :) They stayed hooked up for what seemed like an eternity. Shortly after , he casually walked away. What a stud!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Here's the first G. rosea couple: John's male, my female. If the perspective looks odd, it's because they chose to do it arboreal-type on the side of the box!

Joy

Last edited:

Joy

Old Timer
A couple of beautiful RCF roseas mating.

Joy

Last edited:

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You're up next...

This is my mature red phase G. rosea. I have 5 females that I intend to mate him with.

Attachments

Last edited:

Joy

Old Timer
And finally, a G. rosea threesome!

Joy

Last edited:

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This my mature red phase G. rosea. I have 5 females that I intend to mate him with.
Quite the gigolo. He looks like one too. :)

He had a little stage fright at the show as this ias as close as he would get to female#1.
I don't blame him, she's huge compared to him.

Beautiful spiders you guys, you're gonna make me jealous. Let me know if you get some slings, I want some. :)

Bry

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bry
What does RCF stand for? :?

Bry
I'm assuming Red Color Phase.......

And WOW, those are magnificent specimens.... I think we're all pulling for you to produce some eggsacs from them! :)

kellygirl

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by kellygirl
I'm assuming Red Color Phase.......
kellygirl
Man, I'm a dork...... can't spell correctly... perhaps phonetically, but not correctly...

Red Color uh... uhhh

Help! :8o

kellygirl

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by bodc21
how did the threesome turn out??

The female had been tried with the first male but was uninterested. When the second male was added, the female responded to the first one's advances. We then removed male#2. The female allowed a partial hook-up, but the male was unable to ( or she wouldn't let him) lift her to get an insert.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And WOW, those are magnificent specimens.... I think we're all pulling for you to produce some eggsacs from them! :)

kellygirl [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks KG.:)

I have a question. Has anyone out there ever bred the red phase of these spiders? Do they produce red phase offspring? I have heard that all phases can be found in the same sac. Can anyone verify this?

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've never bred any t's before...but if you really look at it, it is very possible every phase can be found in one egg sac and if you look at it from the genetic point of view its just about 100% sure that you'll get every phase especially if the female or male carry at least more than 2 or 3 specific genes for the phases....but i could be proved wrong if your female or male is a hybrid or purebreed or something of that sort, in that case you'd only have one type of phase and i highly doubt any one tarantula is a purebred phase. :p

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you'll get a good mix of RD and nonRP T's -- at least that happened 2 years ago with my RPF....

beautiful T's!!!

beautiful! I'm going to try to take a picture of my big momma RPF, but i cant focus with my new dig.cam.. it sucks!

may be blurry,but you'll see the deep reds!
peace,
dave