Good Non-Beginner NW Ts?

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In the least jerk-ish way possible, aren't you're the same kid who was shaking in his boots about his rosea's urticating hairs last week?

Either way, I reccomend P. cancerides. The color seems to vary from individual to individual, but it's definitely a step between a beginner T and a pokie. Pretty sure it's the cheapest thing said so far too.

EDIT: Not rosea, but some Brachypelma you didn't specify. Point is the same though.

Last edited:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
In the least jerk-ish way possible, aren't you're the same kid who was shaking in his boots about his rosea's urticating hairs last week?

Either way, I reccomend P. cancerides. The color seems to vary from individual to individual, but it's definitely a step between a beginner T and a pokie. Pretty sure it's the cheapest thing said so far too.
Nope. I don't have a Rosie. And while this is childish and off-topic to mention, I don't have boots either.
I'll definitely do some research on P. cancerides

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh for craps sake, I understood him perfectly, so stop being all dramatic..

Snow,I second the diversipes, they would meet all your requirements, and you'd be hard put to find a prettier T anywhere, IMO.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus Genus are NW.... P. Irminia, Cambridgei, Pulcher.
NO hairs, can be fast, and have more potent venom than most NWs.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Mod note

keep it on topic.

the NOT NOT subject is covered.

please continue about NW species not for beginners.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Challenging NW T's

Another vote for P Cancerides, P Irminia & P Cambridgei. Also N Chromatus & A Genic. I am NOT recommending T Blondi or Xenethis Sp., which are generally regarded as challenging as some of the OW species.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Duh.

BURNT REALLY for someone in the hhobby for threemonths seems pretty ignorant ( no offense) but P irminia, P cambredgei, and T gigas are all located in South America which is new world. IRMINIA AND CAMBREDGEI LOCATED IN VENEZUELA, SOUTH AMERICA AND T GIGAS LOCATED IN FRENCH GUINEA, SOUTH AMERICA:embarrassed:
Or, maybe Burnt was referring to smallara suggesting a P.miranda, which is OW.

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm gonna throw L. cristata in the mix simply because nobody has said it. They can get super big and tend to be nervous. The one I had was aggressive at points too and a voracious feeder.

Edit. Correction. Been out of the trade so long I forgot that what was labeled previously as L. cristata in the hobby is now known as N. chromatus. My bad. :0

Last edited:

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I would recommend the Psalmopeous genus as well, mainly the Irminia and Cambridgei because they are just plain awsome and have great coloring (especially the Irminia). They are somewhat quick and defensive as well. My two incher just through up a pretty amazing threat posture last week. Had me shakin' in ma boots :p not really, but it was pretty cool!!! They are cheap as well and are like trash compactors when it comes to crickets.

IMO the second greatest genus next to Poecilotheria.