Good Non-Beginner NW Ts?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone. Having been in this hobby for over 3 months now and maintaining a steady amount of tarantulas, I want to try something harder. That's right, I want a New-World tarantula that is NOT for beginners. One that is NOT a pet hole, NOT an Old-World, NOT a tarantula you would recommend to someone who has been in the hobby for 2 1/2 months, and NOT NOT awesome in color!!!!!!!!!!

...any suggestions?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm a little confused over the last three requirements in your list, but i'll give it a whirl.

P. cambridgei, P. irminia, T. gigas. All are inexpensive, colorful, speedy, & can sometimes be a bit defensive.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
Greenbottle Blue? Mine is pretty docile but some can be mean. They have amazing colour and are heavy webbers. Mine is always sitting at the entrance of its lair and will stuff as many crickets in its maw as you give it.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm a little confused over the last three requirements in your list, but i'll give it a whirl.

P. cambridgei, P. irminia, T. gigas. All are inexpensive, colorful, speedy, & can sometimes be a bit defensive.
I specified that I wanted a new world tarantula and even said, "NOT an Old-World," in my post.
Maybe the search function... :wall: :?
Yes, I'm aware it exists. Unfortunately, no one seems to have a question relating to this.

SentinelPokie

Arachnopeon
Duh

I specified that I wanted a new world tarantula and even said, "NOT an Old-World," in my post.
BURNT REALLY for someone in the hhobby for threemonths seems pretty ignorant ( no offense) but P irminia, P cambredgei, and T gigas are all located in South America which is new world. IRMINIA AND CAMBREDGEI LOCATED IN VENEZUELA, SOUTH AMERICA AND T GIGAS LOCATED IN FRENCH GUINEA, SOUTH AMERICA:embarrassed:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I do apologize, I reread & realized that I did understand the not wanting an OW, which I shouldn't have included in the 3. I now understand the second to last one. However, i'm still confused as to why you don't want a colorful one.

But the three I listed are NW species.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
BURNT REALLY for someone in the hhobby for threemonths seems pretty ignorant ( no offense) but P irminia, P cambredgei, and T gigas are all located in South America which is new world. IRMINIA AND CAMBREDGEI LOCATED IN VENEZUELA, SOUTH AMERICA AND T GIGAS LOCATED IN FRENCH GUINEA, SOUTH AMERICA:embarrassed:
I meant the first part of NikiP's post.

NikiP, I said I don't not want a colorful one.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Greenbottle Blue? Mine is pretty docile but some can be mean. They have amazing colour and are heavy webbers. Mine is always sitting at the entrance of its lair and will stuff as many crickets in its maw as you give it.
Hm, maybe. I've been wanting one for quite some time now.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"NOT NOT awesome in color!!!!!!!!!!"

It reads like you were emphasising that you didn't want a colorful one.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
"NOT NOT awesome in color!!!!!!!!!!"

It reads like you were emphasising that you didn't want a colorful one.
But not not means yes. The first no contradicts the second, therefore canceling both out.

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
But not not means yes. The first no contradicts the second, therefore canceling both out.
It's called a double negative and it's improper grammar if you want to be specific. My personal recommendation is the GBB. Beautiful, docile, active, and heavy webbers. Personally, it's my favorite T along side the M. Balfouri.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a GBB that thinks she's an OBT. I still try to tong feed her, but she raises her whole body into a threat posture. It's all bluff though...but I love when she does it. It's cute as could be. She's near 6" too.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Get yourself a plain ugly G. rosea with the nasty type of temperament. That suits all of the lines you specefied.

I advice you against Psalmopoeus genera, since they can be really quick and they like to teleport aroun like a pokie.

You can get yourself A. geniculata. Large, very hungry, they are from Brasil.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cyclosternum Fasciatum imo. Probably my favorite species. Hope to get one one day.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
B. emilia, B. smithi, GBB, C. fasciatum, P. pulcher. First 3 are great for beginners but all are beautiful and a must have! The most difficult T i have in my collection is A. diversipes. They are extremly skittish and always run out of there enclosures like crazy. They make my pokies look like.. uh.. slow pokes. {D :rolleyes: IMO they are the hardest NW to rehouse or feed.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
B. emilia, B. smithi, GBB, C. fasciatum, P. pulcher. First 3 are great for beginners but all are beautiful and a must have! The most difficult T i have in my collection is A. diversipes. They are extremly skittish and always run out of there enclosures like crazy. They make my pokies look like.. uh.. slow pokes. {D :rolleyes: IMO they are the hardest NW to rehouse or feed.
Diversipes it is.