Good beginner species?

ronoverdrive

Arachnopeon
Better is a subjective and relative terms hahah.

Do you have a better shot, specifically a dorsal shot, that would be nice to see. I don't see these too often.

The picture doesn't really do it much good, but I don't have the best of lighting to provide a natural photo so you're not going to see the dark emerald greens especially since this is a female (the males are more vibrant in color).

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

The picture doesn't really do it much good, but I don't have the best of lighting to provide a natural photo so you're not going to see the dark emerald greens especially since this is a female (the males are more vibrant in color).

Thanks for the effort. That's exactly what I was looking for minus the lighting. However thank you for the male/female info, I did not know this locality has prettier males, that's not the norm.

The striping is far more pronounced than I had thought.

ronoverdrive

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the effort. That's exactly what I was looking for minus the lighting. However thank you for the male/female info, I did not know this locality has prettier males, that's not the norm.

The striping is far more pronounced than I had thought.
Yup, this is a sexually dimorphic species which I feel even if you end up with a male you're still doing pretty good as even though they're shorter lived they will still be great show species. And yes the striping is VERY pronounced. Even a friend of mine who isn't into tarantulas pointed that out.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yup, this is a sexually dimorphic species which I feel even if you end up with a male you're still doing pretty good as even though they're shorter lived they will still be great show species. And yes the striping is VERY pronounced. Even a friend of mine who isn't into tarantulas pointed that out.
Most of the sexual dimorphism in Ts has the females looking prettier, so it's nice know there's another T where a male looks good, or even better.