getting a new tarantula... suggestions?!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:rolleyes:
i'm just gonna leave. i don't care lol
Well DER! We can see you dont care! Thats the problem..

No one here has anything against teaching, showing off the tarantula to kids and adults..

But to take them into a classroom full of preschoolers... and let them HOLD it! That is stupid!

You obviously dont care if one of the kids gets bit.. That is ignorant!

Get a kitten! :rolleyes:

babyjay

Arachnopeon
to say i don't care is wrong... but for me to say, i don't believe it will happen, since it hasn't happened in the past ten years... is my defense for my workplace. sorry i'm not a pro guys. toodles.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You know.... I got to thinking. What right does the school have to determine what my kid should "fear" or "not fear?" and What right do they have to make their own decisions on "how" to desensitize that fear?

Just some interesting thoughts...

I try not to be too vocal in situations like this... but when decisions are taken away from me as a parent of 4 children under 12... I get a little sensitive.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
You know.... I got to thinking. What right does the school have to determine what my kid should "fear" or "not fear?" and What right do they have to make their own decisions on "how" to desensitize that fear?

Just some interesting thoughts...

I try not to be too vocal in situations like this... but when decisions are taken away from me as a parent of 4 children under 12... I get a little sensitive.
when it comes to a decision involving my kids I dont get a say in...I dont get sensitive...I get mad

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
to say i don't care is wrong... but for me to say, i don't believe it will happen, since it hasn't happened in the past ten years... is my defense for my workplace. sorry i'm not a pro guys. toodles.
Oh.. So because it hasnt happened in 10 years.. It automatically means it will never happen? :rolleyes:

If your not a "pro"... Why would you suggest your "more educated" than the rest? (IMO) Your a newb.. You had to ask what was a good tarantula for your case.. If in fact you were more educated than the other people envolved in this little "project".. Then you would already knew what a good T would have been.. And would know its a bad idea to let "preschoolers" hold a T!

Really going to run off after just a little bit of helpful critsicm?

People here are only trying to help you (Or whoever you work for..).. What IF a kid gets bit? Have fun with that I guess! :rolleyes:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
May I recommend that you start giving the kids heroin, so they wont fear druggies so much?

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
cant believe the op left ... I was having fun...AbraCadaver thank you ..thats the most fun I have had on AB

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i like how OP edited all posts out, except we quoted so many of them it was an irrelevant thing to do ;P

cant believe the op left ... I was having fun...AbraCadaver thank you ..thats the most fun I have had on AB
and yes, we can be quite fun, as long as you aren't an idiot who can't take constructive criticism. we aren't even some of the "meanest" (and yes, i do mean the quotes) people on the boards. ironically, they are MIA today... :confused:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There is just something in me that flairs up when people come on here, asks for advice, and dismisses everything we say, and start insulting us. All my seriousness and maturity(not that theres alot of either) fly out the window. And then I get all mean and sarcastic, but usually I'm a cuddly teddybear =p

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
seems like it happens alot "RAINE" had the same thing the other day alot of "bashing" the advice that was given and then alot of "bashing" on the op

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aww, I miss that guy.. Always great value, and a perfect way to let of steam..

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
aww, but DPS made me lol, just like smalls and burntsnow made me lol.

this is actually potentially serious... kids could get hurt! and the OP is like "oh well"... what was even the point posting here :wall::wall::wall: