General Photography Thread

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I get my picture taken with one of the greatest actors of the 20th century, Edwin Neal, "the hitchhiker" from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Then the great Don Knotts at a Hollywood memorabilia convention about a year ago.

Last edited:

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A couple of cats from LPZ...

And various bird shots...

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I thought it was about time for me to post some pictures. Here are some shots from a a week ago. The kids and I went sailing for the afternoon.

Here are my kids (My oldest never wants her picture taken)

Here is the Chicago Lighthouse.

And here is me at my favorite spot on the boat (BTW, the mast is 65 feet tall)

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some shots of my front yard, aka the courtyard, pretty flowers and my pond, sans fish (for the moment)

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Peter Pannish, no?

And this one I just like, nothing spectacular about the composition;

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sheri said:

Peter Pannish, no?
No...this one is Peter Panish. :D Hope you don't mind. ;)

(edit) Here you go. Glad you like it.

As for the others I sent (except the ones of you know who, don't send them to him!), you can send them along to the picture subjects, if you think they might get a kick out of them...but I'm sure nobody really wants me wasting space here with more of my silly pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Of course I don't mind!

Crop it a little, lose some of the background, and I'll frame it. ;)

Those others you sent though - rocked!
Feel free to post them if you so desire!

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sheri - the black and white one is awesome! It kind of reminds me of Stephen King's "It"...

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Becca, I am now never without my camera.

And you're right, I think that one could be modified to look very sinister. I think I will attempt that.

I have a recent fixation too with photographing shopping carts. I was so pissed off the other day, I guess someone thought it would be fun to push a few onto a highway - walmart carts, and an unidentified silver one. Anyway, I guess they ran them over with a truck or something, but it was on the other side of the highway from me. Was planning to park and take some shots of the crushed metal and Wal-Mart logos on the side of the highway but the police got there before I could.

Damn, that would have been good. Lesson learned though, drop what you're doing right now to get the shot.

Edit: what kind of camera Becca?

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice pictures Becca.

Deschain, I love what you did with Sheir's son's picture. That turned out really good.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sheri said:
Edit: what kind of camera Becca?
It's a Panasonic DMC-FZ20. I need an external flash, though, the one it came with just doesn't cut it.

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Went on a daytrip to Uphill the other day, there is a very cool church there perched on the edge of a cliff, so I took some shots they're not great as I was using a lower quality setting (that and the fact that I suck at photography {D)

Thats Wales you can see across the Channel.

And one I messed with for fun :D

Hope you like them :D

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
becca81 said:
Sheri - the black and white one is awesome! It kind of reminds me of Stephen King's "It"...
That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it as well.

Sheri said:
And you're right, I think that one could be modified to look very sinister. I think I will attempt that.
I wasn't sure if me making something creepy with that pic would be okay, so I'm going to ask ahead of time before I post it. So can I post it? I'd also like to see what you come up with.

Windchaser said:
Deschain, I love what you did with Sheir's son's picture. That turned out really good.
Thank you very much for the compliment Wind. :worship: It was very fun to do, and even more fun to see enjoyment because of it.