1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

GBB price?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by HaraKiri, May 21, 2007.

1. Advertisement
    I went to the pet shop today and saw the price of a GBB sling. Is $60 a really a reasonable price for a sling?

2. P. Novak

P. Novak ArachnoGod Old Timer

You could find cheaper from online dealers. I bought a guaranteed female for $65. I think I got the better end of the deal though.

3. Yeah, lucky you. I will just look around, try that as a last resort.

4. TheDarkFinder

TheDarkFinder Arachnoangel Old Timer

If you are willing to wait, you can get them for 20-25 for a sling, from a online dealer of course.

5. mcy

mcy Arachnoknight Old Timer

The best deals you will find is from fellow hobbyist with successful breeding projects thats what I usually keep an eye out for.

6. 60 bucks really isnt a bad price right now. considering yes you could probly get one in a few months from someone online for about 25-30 then add 20-25 bucks shipping and you really havent saved anything. there werent a huge number of successful sacs this past year so be prepared for the price of them to be just lightly higher. guranteed females should be averaged priced around 110-130

7. Sheazy

Sheazy Arachnoknight

I just got mine for $30 from Botar.

8. Brando

Brando Arachnoknight

Pet stores charge too much, its usually better to go through a dealer unless you want it now that is. (and i say usually because i know a few dealers around town and could get it now anyways.)

9. AmazingInverts

AmazingInverts Arachnopeon

To give you an idea I have a 5 1/2 inch female that might be gravid right now for $135. But she's an absolute gem and has not kicked any hair since her last molt.

10. JMoran1097

JMoran1097 Arachnoangel

AW MAN! i thought 20 bucks was TOTALLY cheap for a G.Rosea 5" hahahaha...jk'ing.

but seriously, petco was charging that much.

11. omni

omni Arachnoknight

I had to get one too!! I thought Botar's price on them was pretty good, but I had to get some others at the same time to spread the shipping cost. The lil guy is soo cute as a tiny sling :) Very different than the adult coloring, and he's webbin things up even at .75"

12. dangerprone69

dangerprone69 Arachnoknight Old Timer

$60 isn't horrible right now, but you could do a little better. GBBs are in short supply right now so prices are high.

13. P. Novak

P. Novak ArachnoGod Old Timer

That fact that it's a petstore is another reason why it's high.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.