Not open for further replies.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
There it is in all its devilish glory i’m scared for my self now

Attachments

Transrights

Arachnosquire
i’m scared for my self now
You'll get used to that (not like you have a choice right now :rofl:)

But on a serious note: Don't get complacent. Never. Pokies can catch you off guard and the consequence would be VERY nasty. Their bites can bring grown men weighing 100+kg to their knees, imagine what it would do to you :)

If you need specific advice on rehousings, spot cleaning etc, I'd ask in the other thread where everybody else has offered to help you.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
You'll get used to that (not like you have a choice right now :rofl:)

But on a serious note: Don't get complacent. Never. Pokies can catch you off guard and the consequence would be VERY nasty. Their bites can bring grown men weighing 100+kg to their knees, imagine what it would do to you :)

If you need specific advice on rehousings, spot cleaning etc, I'd ask in the other thread where everybody else has offered to help you.
I mean I do weigh 90+kg but yeah I don’t really want to find out what will happen.

Transrights

Arachnosquire
I mean I do weigh 90+kg but yeah I don’t really want to find out what will happen.
Yeah. That being said, you'll probably be fine. Some people do start out with old worlds or with fast arboreals as their first and never have any issues. It's just that as I said above, it's an unnecessary risk to do that.

Good luck with your T!

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Yeah. That being said, you'll probably be fine. Some people do start out with old worlds or with fast arboreals as their first and never have any issues. It's just that as I said above, it's an unnecessary risk to do that.

Good luck with your T!
Thanks

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
I’ll send a picture of the new enclosure I made it as well. New enclosure is first old enclosure is second

Attachments

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My third t was an h.mac. I had to learn the hardway too how to handle fast and defensive old world's.

Personally I've never had a threat posture or any defensive behavior out of my p.mets. each spider is different, but it's probably one of the easier pokies to learn with. I think they just get a bad rep. I'm sure you'll be careful and learn pretty fast. At the end of the day, it's your body, your safety and nobody can force you to do anything. Good luck, and congrats on your new baby.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
My third t was an h.mac. I had to learn the hardway too how to handle fast and defensive old world's.

Personally I've never had a threat posture or any defensive behavior out of my p.mets. each spider is different, but it's probably one of the easier pokies to learn with. I think they just get a bad rep. I'm sure you'll be careful and learn pretty fast. At the end of the day, it's your body, your safety and nobody can force you to do anything. Good luck, and congrats on your new baby.
Thanks it has been such an angel 😈😈😈

basin79

ArachnoGod
I’ll send a picture of the new enclosure I made it as well. New enclosure is first old enclosure is second
So what's you plan on rehousing? How are you safely going to get your tarantula from the enclosure he/she came in to the 1 you've made?

Also am I right in thinking you've got to take the top section completely off the new enclosure to feed, fill the water dish and take out the rubbish?

Also were is the ventilation?

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
So what's you plan on rehousing? How are you safely going to get your tarantula from the enclosure he/she came in to the 1 you've made?

Also am I right in thinking you've got to take the top section completely off the new enclosure to feed, fill the water dish and take out the rubbish?
The new enclosure you can open it a little bit to drop food in and take stuff out and it has a top hole to spray water in with I think the best way to rehouse it is to use dark dens fool proof method where you get a piece of cardboard cut a hold in it and transfer it into the new enclosure. I think to get it out I will prod it out into my exoterra tall small enclosure then cup it if that sounds reasonable.

Edit the vent holes aren’t very big but there are 14 vent hole 6 crossvent holes and 8 on top

Reynaniteraven

Arachnopeon
I just wanted to apologize for me not listening to your advice I just really want a Pokie. And now own one so I will keep you posted on how it does. Please accept my apology for my actions and ignorance.
Congrats on your new baby! My husband keeps these guys. He just loves them. They are beautiful.
Out of everything I’ve read, as long as you give it some place to retreat to and hide and lightly tap the enclosure before opening it to do maintenance...the T will go into its hide or burrow and usually give no problems. With my husbands...I swear every time we turn on the light, his Pokies all go right to their hide. They are just as beautiful as they are quick. I just look and watch my husband as he cares for them
keep us informed and share pics as it grows. 👍😁👍

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Congrats on your new baby! My husband keeps these guys. He just loves them. They are beautiful.
Out of everything I’ve read, as long as you give it some place to retreat to and hide and lightly tap the enclosure before opening it to do maintenance...the T will go into its hide or burrow and usually give no problems. With my husbands...I swear every time we turn on the light, his Pokies all go right to their hide. They are just as beautiful as they are quick. I just look and watch my husband as he cares for them
keep us informed and share pics as it grows. 👍😁👍
It isn’t as much of a hider then I thought it didn’t run at all when I was taking pics with the flash on my phone. This ones a rebel on what all the others do

Transrights

Arachnosquire
The new enclosure you can open it a little bit to drop food in and take stuff out and it has a top hole to spray water in with I think the best way to rehouse it is to use dark dens fool proof method where you get a piece of cardboard cut a hold in it and transfer it into the new enclosure. I think to get it out I will prod it out into my exoterra tall small enclosure then cup it if that sounds reasonable.

Edit the vent holes aren’t very big but there are 14 vent hole 6 crossvent holes and 8 on top
Leaving this here. Tom Moran generally has a lot of good stuff if you dig in his channel, including rehousing videos of pokies.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Armadillidium maculatum Isopods could EASILY make a meal out of your tarantula when it's molting. I'd remove them

You mistake a tarantula that's stressed out from being stuck in a cup with no space to move around easily, with one that's actually calm.

there is no FOOL PROOF method for transferring from one container to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.