Finally Have the Big Three!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I have kept tarantulas on and off over the last 15 years and I have always been interested in the Theraphosa genus but never managed to get all three species even though I have kept them all separately at different times.

Well, finally I have all three species at my place. 2 CB adult females, 1 WC subadult female and I am super stoked about it. :happy: Care to guess which is which?
a-

b-

c-

I also have a male blondi, which I paired with the female but he will probably will go to someone else for breeding.

Last edited:

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
The WC is "B"? Awesome t's! How are those U. hairs I've heard so much about for this genus?

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
The WC is "B"? Awesome t's! How are those U. hairs I've heard so much about for this genus?
Thanks and good guess. I am practically allergic to nothing so they don't bother me that much. I get a little itchy anytime I do maintenance but I wouldn't wanna try them on my 6 month old boy for sure.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Thanks and good guess. I am practically allergic to nothing so they don't bother me that much. I get a little itchy anytime I do maintenance but I wouldn't wanna try them on my 6 month old boy for sure.
Yeah me neither, I haven't had any u hairs that I've reacted too badly to.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Nice! I have all three species as well. 2 immature T. blondi, 1.1 T. stirmi, 1.1 T. apophysis, and 2 immature T. apophysis.

From you pictures... A is T. blondi, B is T. stirmi, and C is T. apophysis.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Nice! I have all three species as well. 2 immature T. blondi, 1.1 T. stirmi, 1.1 T. apophysis, and 2 immature T. apophysis.

From you pictures... A is T. blondi, B is T. stirmi, and C is T. apophysis.
Spot on! :)

You have a decent amount of expensive spiders mate.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
For a moment according to your title I tought that you managed to clone in a badass fast way old Luciano Pavarotti for perform at your home Verdi or Puccini with Carreras and Domingo.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
For a moment according to your title I tought that you managed to clone in a badass fast way old Luciano Pavarotti for perform at your home Verdi or Puccini with Carreras and Domingo.
I used to be a geneticist, could be done with the right skin cells...

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Good times having the trio as I do as well.

Awesome! 1st one is stirmi and 3rd is apophysis, right? So sad that they lose those pink coloration in time.

I have raised a blondi sling to adulthood once. I was so happy when she turned out to be a female and my €50 spent became $250 :).

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome! 1st one is stirmi and 3rd is apophysis, right? So sad that they lose those pink coloration in time.

I have raised a blondi sling to adulthood once. I was so happy when she turned out to be a female and my €50 spent became $250 :).
Actually they are in alphabetical order. As slings the T. blondi overall color appearance is pretty much the same as the T. stirmi. The only difference is the stirmi has white/pink color on their first four metatarsus down to their tarasus vs none on the T. blondi.

The T. apophysis is bit darker body with the pink color on all eight legs metatarsus/tarsus.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Actually they are in alphabetical order. As slings the T. blondi overall color appearance is pretty much the same as the T. stirmi. The only difference is the stirmi has white/pink color on their first four metatarsus down to their tarasus vs none on the T. blondi. The T. apophysis is bit darker body with the pink color on all eight legs metatarsus/tarsus.

Right, the differences are obvious when they're that size. They are so cute as babies.