Finally Have the Big Three!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I had the T.blondi for a while but apophysis and stirmi are new arrivals.

Here is the box opening video:

Notice how apophysis girl is searching for moisture. She was shipped very dry and she drank for an hour.

And here are some more photos:

apophysis with 50 pence:

Pink hair on apophysis:

A sub-adult blondi I have:

Last edited:

tuko

Arachnopeon
Great stuff everyone. One of these days ill get a stirmi!

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I had the T.blondi for a while but apophysis and stirmi are new arrivals.

Here is the box opening video:

Notice how apophysis girl is searching for moisture. She was shipped very dry and she drank for an hour.

And here are some more photos:

apophysis with 50 pence:

Pink hair on apophysis:

A sub-adult blondi I have:

She seems very calm in the video is that normal for that species?.... I didn't think it was

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
She seems very calm in the video is that normal for that species?.... I didn't think it was
I have kept this genus for a long time and have never seen extreme aggression. They will raise their legs and/or flick hairs. Their hairs are their main weapon and quite a serious one.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Today I shipped both of my male T.blondi to other breeders. Coaxing them into small shipping containers was not easy, especially the subadult male bombarded me with a lot of hair. Mild itching for an hour or so and then it was gone. I love my non-allergic physiology ;).

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
As I posted here before, I paired my Theraphosa blondi a while ago and she seems quite big but no sac yet.

Theraphosa stirmi still needs a molt for maturity but I finally managed to find a male for my Theraphosa apophysis, here is the result:

Pipa

Arachnoknight
I miss all my " big 3 " ... from reading this thread it seems they have gone way up in value. I used to get mine for $50 each.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I miss all my " big 3 " ... from reading this thread it seems they have gone way up in value. I used to get mine for $50 each.
Theraphosa species are one of the few species which are actually more expensive in Europe ;)

basin79

ArachnoGod
Stirmi aren't too bad in the UK. £80-£100 for an adult female and they pop up semi regular.

Blondi are as rare as hen's teeth though.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
T.stirmi are fine, I got my subadult girl for about a €100 but T.blondi and T.apophysis go for over €300, which is insane...

basin79

ArachnoGod
T.stirmi are fine, I got my subadult girl for about a €100 but T.blondi and T.apophysis go for over €300, which is insane...
Even that is only 3 weekends on the ale though. So it's still bloody good for the phenomenal pet you're getting.

It is expensive for a T though.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Even that is only 3 weekends on the ale though. So it's still bloody good for the phenomenal pet you're getting.

It is expensive for a T though.
Hence I have them mate. And the Xenesthis sp Blue , and the Monocentropus lambertoni, and the Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus etc etc. ;)

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
The Theraphosa apophysis mating video got corrupted for some reason so I re-uploaded it:

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Some more night time photos...

WC T.stirmi female. She looks great after having one molt with me. One more molt and she will be ready for breeding:

T.apophysis female after the third and final introduction of the male:

When I was taking him back, male haired me a great deal. Sleep will be a little itchy today.