feel sorry for feeders

sugarshark

Arachnopeon
born as a cricit , thats how your life should be, to be eaten by Ts

they always hide together and look at me with those big eyes when I open the box. and I can sense their fear when I pick them up from the box

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
a cricket i had ate one of my white spot assassins while he was molting....so he got death by black widow..

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Being a vegetarian I feel bad also but if you think about it if they weren't in captivity it would just be a different bug they were eating. :8o

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
The feeders get a good life of plenty of food and no predators - until its time to be eaten. And in the wild, it's almost impossible for any animal or insect to die of old age.

Yeah, I feel sorry for them too. But like one of the upper posters said, don't overthink it. It's the cycle of life.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
yeah to me i feel bad for my roaches cause i raise them from little tiny guys up to adults and yes i play with my roaches but i gotta seperate myself from them and think of the food chain instead but yeah it's hard not to feel bad for them

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
They live a long, happy life. Food is never scarce, living environment is clean, no parasites are about, sex is encouraged and danger comes only once. Much better than in wild. Be happy for them.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah she tagged him and bagged him quick

lol death by black widow {D I bet that venom put him down quick{D

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Oh yeah...my assassins are one of my prized babies....extremely easy to take care of, dont stink, dont make noise, cant climb plastic, dont bite unless forced, i really love em...got some whites, and reds, now trying to find orange....

You avenged the death of your assassin bug? :confused: :wall: :confused:

malhomme

Arachnopeon
Oh yeah...my assassins are one of my prized babies....extremely easy to take care of, dont stink, dont make noise, cant climb plastic, dont bite unless forced, i really love em...got some whites, and reds, now trying to find orange....
I got tagged by an Assassin Bug nymph on my right nipple a couple years ago. OMG IT HURT!!! My wifes poodle had picked it up on his coat while nosing around in the garden that morning. The dog then jumped on me to wake me up, pressing the Assassin Bug into my nipple and the bug did what just what it naturally does.

There was this brief zip-zip-zip boiling sensation as the flesh was liquified, it then just stung and throbbed for another 3 hours. I was sweating from the pain, but also laughing a lot.

My nipple was still tender a year later.

I keep the Assassin Bugs around still. They are great beneficial insects. It was a fluke that I got tagged, and certainly not the bugs fault.

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Originally posted by Jacobchinarian
Ya but you talk about a tarantula dying and I bet people would just say “it's just a big hairy spider.”
As human beings we identify more with the predator. {D

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How has this thread not been locked/moved to the watering hole?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
How has this thread not been locked/moved to the watering hole?
Cause we're chatting about tarantula feeders.

I feel sorry for the carrots.

...being grown to be eaten in a tasty soup or delicious stew... Only to be fed to crickets.
I can feel their sadness everytime I take them out of the vegetable crisper, and cut them into pieces. The lengths I go to to feed my tarantula's feeders... I should be locked up :(

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cause we're chatting about tarantula feeders.

I feel sorry for the carrots.

...being grown to be eaten in a tasty soup or delicious stew... Only to be fed to crickets.
I can feel their sadness everytime I take them out of the vegetable crisper, and cut them into pieces. The lengths I go to to feed my tarantula's feeders... I should be locked up :(
+1 Speaking the truth

Mez

Arachnoknight
born as a cricit , thats how your life should be, to be eaten by Ts

they always hide together and look at me with those big eyes when I open the box. and I can sense their fear when I pick them up from the box
It's "Cricket". And you're 'the claw'!